Wing Commander 4 dvd video problems

Morphine420

Spaceman
Hey all, hopefully one of you guys can help me out.
I got the dvd version of the game from a friend. Whenever it goes to play in game cinema, it says it cant find the file.
Any suggestions on how to correct this, or is the game just incombatable with my machine.

Well, I fixed it for like 5 minutes by adding the line "vob=MPEGVideo2" to my win.ini
It ran fine for the first video, but then when it went to look for the next file, it said "missing movie E:/vob/(name of file)"
Then, the next time i went to play, it started looking for the movies on my C drive. Ive tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but this dosnt help at all.
Help please!!!
Thanks alot.

ok, now even more problems, I got it to look for the the files on E:, but it still says "movie missing E:\vob\sc_0010c.vob"
Now, it will play the opening movie fine, but thats it. I really dont understand it at all, they are all the same file type, and the so called missing files can be played perfectly in windows media player, so whats different about the first file that it has no problem playing it, but when i get to the every other one it says it cant find it.
This is driving me crazy! :(

Can anyone help me with this? it only reads the first movie (the opening) and then it says it cant find the rest.

Thanks,

Originally posted by Morphine420
Can anyone help me with this? it only reads the first movie (the opening) and then it says it cant find the rest.

Check the DVD and make sure its not scrached or damaged in some ways. That would explane movies that were lost due to damages on certain spots.

That won't help. The DVD is incompatible with all but the Creative Dxr cards which it was designed for (and that Hollywood whatever card that I always forget the name of and Kris always adds in later for me that's basically a copy of the Dxr card)

Back