Wing Commander 3. Problem with joystick pitch. Going down when moving slightly up.

Ansark

Spaceman
Hi.

Continuing with my Wing Commander discovery from 1 to Prophecy, I have reached the 3rd entry and encountered a new problem. Sorry, I hope I'm not being too annoying with my threads, but I feel this is the best place to ask.🙂

So, I have faced an annoying problem with my joystick that makes my ship pitch go down instead of up when I move the joystick sligthlty towards me. If I continue pulling the joystick the ship direction changes to the correct one, but its quite annoying and makes it difficult to aim precisely. I also feel the game less responsive than WC1 and 2, and I suspect it might be because of this.

The calibration screen doesn't show anything strange.

I'm using the gog version with dosbox staging, and my joystick is a VKB NXT Gladiator with a Kosmosima grip.

I found this thread that describes the same problem (although in my case the problem persists in the simulator).

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=30739

The responses seem to indicate that its a bug with no known fixes. But I would like to hear a second opinion. Maybe there is some fix or patch that has been discovered since 2012.

PD: Timed is already set to "false".

That sucks. And it seems the same applies to WC4 DVD. I hope at least Prophecy fixed it. It makes fine aiming quite difficult, if not impossible.

Back