Wing Commander 3 Dos DDraw Hack

fjaj

Petty Officer
Hey. I just bought an old copy of the original edition of WC3 (Not Kilrathi Saga) and I'm wondering if there's a way to use it with the directdraw hack. If not, then what's the best way to play it? VDMsound doesn't seem to work in Windows 7 and with DOSbox it stutters.

If this is not the Kilrathi Saga version, then you have to play the game with dosbox since it's a DOS game. There's a hack that kind of turns it into the Kilrathi Saga version, but I don't know if it's available online and it also has glitches with music not playing and other things.

Ok - is there any way to eliminate stuttering completely?
Also, how come the filters don't work in the cutscenes?

Depends on your PC... If you set dosbox to use a dynamic core and set the cycles anywhere from 30000 to 70000 (experiment a bit) it should be playable completely smoothe.

Now what filters are you talking about? The WC3 videos are pretty low res to start with. You won't eliminate all the noise.

I mean the scalers that DOSbox uses (like HQ3x). When i turn them on, I see no change.

I mean the scalers that DOSbox uses (like HQ3x). When i turn them on, I see no change.
some of the scalers don't have any smoothing. they just double or triple the resolution. You have to go for some of the other awkward sounding ones to get the smoothing and such.

Back