Wing Commander 3 Deluxe Edition

freeleaves

2nd Lieutenant
Does anyone remember the wing commander 3 deluxe edition. i think it came with a calendar, soundtrack, behind the scenes cd, poster and maybe other stuff and of course the game. It came packaged in a circular tin. kinda like a film can. i think you could only get it on order. is it possible to find one now?? anyone else remember this?

yeah, I have it. It came in the circular tin, but I bought it secondhand, so all I have is the game and the container. I think it came with a t-shirt a well.

Ahhh man, I was lucky enough to have gotten WC3 in this packaging. My mom got it from Costco at the time! So, it definitely wasn't mail order or super hard to find.

Great packaging. It was my first "Needs 4 megs of RAM" game!

Sam's Club and Costco had a bunch of these. No calendar, but I believe the Sam's one had Fleet Action. WC3 required 8 megs of ram. Armada, released several months earlier, had a cool advertisement/warning about the upcoming specs.

... Hey, didn't I see that tin in a shop once?? AAAAAAAAARGH! I would've wanted that! It hasn't been near any display in that shop for years, though - I bet they threw it away...

Or maybe it was just the original box, and I'm getting senile. Who knows?

... Hey, didn't I see that tin in a shop once?? AAAAAAAAARGH! I would've wanted that! It hasn't been near any display in that shop for years, though - I bet they threw it away...

Or maybe it was just the original box, and I'm getting senile. Who knows?
I'm sure all of us have stuff that we regret missing.

When I first moved to a new city I went into the EB Games and spotted a CD Copy of Wing Commander 1: Deluxe Edition (The big blue boxed version, not the EA Classics version) and passed on it because I didn't have enough money..... wish I hadn't done that.

However, even worse was a few months later I was in the same store and I spotted the Kilrathi Saga. I wanted it badly but couldn't afford it and my parents wouldn't front me the money because, they argued, I already had it (and still had a computer that ran them all just fine). I'm still mad about that one!

Right. 8 megs. I had 4 originally in my old computer, THAT'S what it was. Wasn't enough.

Would've been good enough for Armada, though, according to the box specs. :)

(4MB for the floppy version, 8MB for CD one. However, you could copy the CD contents to your HD and install from there, making the difference a moot point.)

Back