Wing Commander 2...

No, I don't think so. WC2's enemies are definetely harder to hit, and they use afterburners a lot more often. Outrunning enemies is much harder.

I'm playing the losing paths and I noticed something funny - the cutscene you get after destroying Jazz's Sabre on the losing path (Gwynedd) is a lot longer than the one on the winning path (K'tithrak Mang).

Dirty Blair

I love the fact that one of the taunts you can broadcast to Jazz is "Feel lucky, punk?" :p

...Although it doesn't always appear, it seems. I guess it's a little easter egg.

That could explain it.

I'm still playing the losing paths... I think any Sabre bombing run against a Fralthra in SO1 or SO2 is worse than any Kurasawatunheim mission. :p

I almost won Ghorah Khar 2's losing mission, but I released the last torpedo too close too close to the Fralthra and blew up. These missions are incredibly frustrating. The Gothri are very difficult already, but the Fralthra are just as bad. I don't know exactly how many times I've tried those Sabre missions, but I think "too many" is a good answer.

Out of curiosity, what are your strategies against the Gothri? I usually try to take one out as soon as possible with missiles/full guns/afterburner slide, then I try to follow a Gothri at normal speed (300 - 400 kps) until I kill it. That is, unless I get shot at from the rear, in that case I quickly turn around, with afterburners if necessary.

Whatever works for killing them quickly. Their guns really do a lot of damage. When one is at my tail and firing at me, I go into evasive action sooner than with other enemies because it hurts so much.

Back