Wing Commander 1 Second Mission Crash

U

Unregistered

Hello there. I've been browsing all over for a solution to this problem. I installed Wing Commander 1 via Dosbox 0.72 (running Vista 64 bit), and the first mission runs fine...but after the second mission briefing, the launch sequence happens and then locks up. The music still plays, Dosbox is running, but the game freezes. Weird. I've tried the -loadfix 32 solution but that didn't work. Anyt advice?

Hmmm... I thought this was only something that happened with WC2. Well you could try some other -loadfix numbers if you haven't already. -loadfix 16 works for my WC2 for example. Besides that I'm not completely sure what the problem is other than that. Good luck.

Yeah. I tried a couple of loadfix numbers. Very odd. It sometimes does the same thing just before the Origin FX screen...Sigh. What a bummer. Was really looking forward to reliving the Vega campaign,

Hmm. Ok tried something else. Downloaded a savegame for another mission (5th I think) and it runs fine. Seems I need to get my hands on a savegame after mission 2....

You can put it on the same line.

There are other things you can try to attempt to bypass the crash. If you are running dynamic or auto core, try core=normal. If you are using any graphics scalers, reset those to the default. You could also try different joystick settings.

Back