Wing Commander 1 Fralthi

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
Well, it's not done yet there's still lots of cosmetic changes to be done but here's my interpretation of the Kilrathi Fralthi. Still need to add all the turrets and such. This little model weighs in at an amazing 116 polygons. That's right, not 1016, not 10016 and 100016 but 116 polys! Made entirely of cubes...

fralthi.jpg

interesting design although I think you might have gone a little overboard with all the kilrathi markings...

Don't be afraid of the detail dude....116 is like....wow.....yeah, go for the detail. Good start though, definately a good start. Now do more :)

Brad Mick

While it looks nice.. at 116 polygons I don't think anyone was trying to make it the best looking Fralthi ever.

Yep, it is great in its simplicity, but the best looking Fralthi I´ve seen is Standoff´s:

shot75.png

I was thinking of WC 1 and UE. The UE Fralthi's texturing isn't is good as this one. That's a great picture too, and I'd forgotten it existed.

The UE Fralthi´s poor textures were supposedly due to the fact that it was a very old, worn out capship.

Uhm, wouldn't that cause it to have more textures as the hull weathers and things are patched over and replaced.

Actually, I think UE Fralthi and UE Salthi had sucky textures simply because I didn't have time to redo those. ;)

Yeah. Our Fralthi model comes from the days when we were glad to have any Fralthi model :p.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll be adding an updated shot with the turrets etc shortly. In regards to the UE model of the Fralthi, I think it's unfair to compare pictures of their model which is "in game" to the shot of mine which is in a rendering software. Any model is going to look better in a renderer, so the UE model is also very topnotch (although I bet it's a bit more then 160 polys ;) ).

Back