Wing Commander 1 and 2 Original Roland format ?

alucard

Rear Admiral
Hello everyone,

I´d like to extract the Original Music Files for Roland MT-32 / LAPC-I from the DOS-Versions of Wing Commander 1 and 2.
WC1 has a "music.mid" compressed file, which is not playable by all players I tried. WC2 has three music files with the ending r00-r02 (which are not rar-based), which is not extractable by the common unzippers (winzip,winrar,winace).

Anyone an idea how to get the original midi files for playing them correctly with the correct SysEx on a Roland MT-32. I am not interested in the General midi conversion found on WCNews, which do neither sound correct on an Roland Mt-32 or Roland Sound Canvas, due to the missing Soundbankpatch.

Thanks for the help :)

Allright ... after some trying and searching I have been able to unzip the wc2 roland sound files with the rupper5 tool. But I still haven´t found a way to rip the wc1 sound files from the music.mid. Any ideas ?

I'm going to hop this over to the Fan Projects & Editing forum where someone who is into this sort of thing is more likely to see it.

Oh my goodness, Midi's are so fun. I just popped it into my FL STUDIO and connected different instruments to the Midi notes and I had WC music played on the Piano or on an Electric Guitar. Sorry you hijack your thread. I did find the Midi files, on the same site I posted the link from. the fat man posted it up.

Anywho I just bought SimSyn and some Orchestral samples and a Roland syn to see what makes the closest sound to the original ingame music.

Damn now I want "PoiZone" for FL STUDIO, sounds like Enya version of WC music.

What a headache, I thought 3D programs were hard but this is just so easily complex, so many options to tweak yourself into a pretzle.
flss.png

oh and here is a ripping guide from that site as well. :)
http://www.mirsoft.info/gamemids-ripping-guide.php

Back