wing commander 1 and 2 mods for prophecy

Cruis.In

Spaceman
Hi I remember a few years ago visiting a site where they were trying to make some sort of conversion or reversion heh for prophecy, because wc1 and 2 dont work on modern computers, people were trying to make the game and make it playable from prophecy's engine, i just am wondering what came of it? did they run into problems and quit? iguess it never got finished because I see it mentioned no where.

The Standoff Mod is going to use WC1 and 2 era ships but it doesn't follow either game's storyline. It follows Fleet Action, and looks pretty kick ass to boot!:cool:

IIRC, the first part is in Gemini, then it moves into the main battles at warsaw, sirus, and earth

Why so it is. I never bothered to read the storyline thoroughly. I didn't really want to either, I feel previews can 'give away the secret', even though the story can easily be changed later.

Oh, IIRC, the storyline info on the Standoff page doesn't reveal anything that wouldn't be revealed in the first five minutes of the game anyway.

Well, that's true, but it actually also reveals how the first part ends :p Of course, that's not such a big deal either, since our focus is clearly on the second part of the game... and since the player's results and decisions from the first part can be carried over to the next, resulting in slight differences to the way the second part starts.

--Eder

Well, yeah, in this particular case it was okay, but in general I try to avoid sneak peaks, and what-not. Especially with upcoming movies - even with spoiler warnings, some can slip through, or the eye catches something...

Back