Wing Commader's FUTURE!!!

TAFKAW

Spaceman
because the wcnews mail server is down I will have to post my message here and hope it will be displayed on the frontpage

Dear Wing Commander fans,

I know you feel let down by Origin for (probably) discontinuing the Wing Commander saga, so do I. As you may or may not know I (TAFKAW) was making the half-life add-on Wing Commander Marine Corps. Quite honestly this project has been dead for some time and I have lost c0ntact with my crew. I was just on the verge of abandoning the project when I read that origin might discontinue the Wing Commander series. I have therefore decided to restart the project in about 8 - 10 weeks (once my exams are done). I have no idea how long the project will take to complete but I will put a (temporary) date to october 2000. This will probably take longer. I hope to help Wing commander fans by doing this and strongly urge other fan projects to pick up their work. I hope Wing commander fans around the globe will enjoy this (free) project once finished, and enjoy many more hours of Wing Commander as they have done untill now. If you have any questions, remarks or anything else, don't hesitate to email me at ac.noordegraaf@quicknet.nl

Greetings, TAFKAW

------------------
"You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe."
"You take the red pill and I'll show you how deep the rabbbit hole really goes"

Morpheus - The matrix

Why would you feel betrayed Kalk? OSI didn't do anything to you. And it's not like you're a super-mega devoted fan (most people aren't). You enjoyed the games that they made, and now that they see the source of money (wich is what it all comes down to) elswere and stop making WC's you feel betrayed, or angry? I just can't understand that, all those threads here, like "This is why Origin sucks" are just silly.

Kalkrath II said:
They were making it.
But they never told you they were making it... The CIC told you that. Yeah, let's all hate the CIC now!

There was a POL section on the CIC and stuff.
But the CIC people don't work for OSI. If they cancel a game that wasn't even anounced, fans shouldn't be angry. If they canceled a game that was anounced, and raised the hopes of all the fans, than you should be angry.

If anyone here has AIM, my name is CIC Kalkrath . Take a look at my personal information.
wink.gif

Um, WTF are you talking 'bout?

Last edited by a moderator:
AIM=AOL Instant Messenger... (or something to that effect...) and is the same type of program as ICQ, with a slightly different approach.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

You know I'm still up for doing those voiice-overs for WCM, TAFKAW

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Yes... I'm sure they did it just to spite you, Kalkrath. Gosh, all those companies can be so mean...

Sure, almost makes you wanna crawl under your bed.
rolleyes.gif

Kalkrath they don't even know you're alive.

"That's what you think, everybody knows about the Maniac."
cool.gif

------------------
Briceland
A wingmen is essential; they give the enemy something else to shoot at.

" Who here knows about the Maniac? Oh, what, nobody...?"

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

What F*ck happend to answeing to the initial starter of a topic instead of going far of topic and talking about irrelavent stuff?

------------------
"You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe."

Morpheus - The matrix

You said to drop comments and questions about a work that currently isn't progressing in your email. Haven't you gotten replies there?

This thread is pretty convenient for little side issues.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Briceland
Support the WCESRP

Kalkrath II: I have been here a whole lot longer then you have (I think). I'm proud to say I was here before the move to wcnews.com
My point is just that most topics get at least one sensible reply and this one seems to get none, I'm just a little dissapointed that's all.

Death's head: I don't know if I've been mailed my web server seems to be down, but you can mail me at noord241@wxs.

------------------

Morpheus - The matrix

TAFKAW said:
Kalkrath II: I have been here a whole lot longer then you have (I think).
Kalk has been here since January when the board came back after few days. He also was here before the board was taken down.

I'm proud to say I was here before the move to wcnews.com
Um, what?

My point is just that most topics get at least one sensible reply and this one seems to get none, I'm just a little dissapointed that's all.
Yeah, but there wasn't exactly anything to replay to in your post. You informed us about the comeback of your project and asked to contact you through email.
smile.gif

Uh... I think TAFKAW wins that one by default, Earthworm.
smile.gif
He just said that he was here before the CIC was formed. Which was a long time ago...

Indeed. He was here before it was here. That would have been what 18 months+ ago. That's about how long I've been around, more or less. Course I stumbled upon this-actually another site then, when I was looking for a WC3 mission tree. Was it the CIC that used to have a flameboard forum or was it one of the many I have posted at?

------------------
Briceland
Support the WCESRP

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited April 06, 2000).]

It was part of the madman's Tiger's Claw Site.. before he hosted the current Acenet main boards.

Back