Will Wing Commander 2 be Rereleased?

Destron

Spaceman
Like a lot of you, I've been enjoying the Wing Commander 1 rerelease that this site offered on the 20th anniversary. Does anyone know if Wing Commander 2 might get a similar treatment? That was always my favorite game of the series.

WC2 is also my favorite of the series. WC1-SM2 is pretty darn close though. We're not likely to see free releases of the DOS versions though, and WC2 is the buggiest of all the Kilrathi Saga versions. On top of that, the Special Ops packs recieved the least love of the entire bunch.

On top of that, the Special Ops packs received the least love of the entire bunch.
Really ? While I didn't like Special Ops 1 quite as much as the rest of WC2, Special Ops 2 may be my favourite WC campaign of all. Did it really fall flat for most player ?

Really ? While I didn't like Special Ops 1 quite as much as the rest of WC2, Special Ops 2 may be my favourite WC campaign of all. Did it really fall flat for most player ?

That's not really what I meant. I mean that the kilrathi saga ports were really awful... missing graphics and music and all. Basically EA hadn't planned on releasing the SO packs... that's why so much more work was done on WC1. Basically the Origin guys begged to put them to let them put them out and they did so with basically no budget.

Back