Why we should vote a third party

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
Well let's look at the candidates:

Barack Obama is the first African-American presidential candidate on a prime party ticket. He also has had an assassination attempt against him foiled. Sounds an awful lot like 24 doesn't it?

John McCain is an old white guy, with flying experience in Vietnam, and a female VP. He's just like the President in Air Force One. Now all we need is a Cylon arguing with Palin about who's next in line for command while McCain is kicking Commissioner Gordon's butt on his plane!

I think with all the attack adds and circular talk I'm going to vote a third party.
That's right, this year I think I'll vote for Max as President and Sam can take the VP position. Sure Max is a crazy, animated lagomorph, and he will probably start a civil war between the Dakotas, but hey at least he's honest and straight forward with his plans.

So for anyone taking this seriously I say wise up. It's all a big ridiculous joke, much like politics in general have become.

Is this a good idea? (this thread that is... I really don't care much for politics)

I vote that this thread is probably bound for stupidity (and I don't mean funny-stupid, either), but until it actually gets there my finger is off the thread close button.

(For the faint of clue, that's an administrative hint.)

Interesting point: though I'm Max here, my real name is Sam. This thread confused the heck out of me for a moment.

I vote that this thread is probably bound for stupidity

Bound it's already there! :D

Seriously, though, I'm just kind of venting - and trying to do it in a funny way. The whole run up to where the campaigns are now has really annoyed the hell out of me. I actually took the time to watch the Democratic and Republican debates, prior to the nominations, and the only thing it did for me was to make ALL of the candidates look like crap.

Besides, I thought it was kind of funny how life seemed to be imitating Hollywood.

Putin can't be a Cylon, because Cylon have feelings.

Palin is the Governor of that sector where you can go just one time on Freelancer!

Not that Alaska was an interesting enough system to revisit anyways, even if you DID get a mod to go back in via an extra jump hole- would've been nice if it had a little easter egg in it.

It probably would've been a little funnier had you made it a little more subtle and omitted the Super Wing Commander bit. I think a lot of folks would've caught on, but outright saying "SWC" killed it.

Now all we need is a Cylon arguing with Palin about who's next in line for command while McCain is kicking Commissioner Gordon's butt on his plane!

I think this really shows why I dislike people my age who attempt to argue about politics. HUR HUR HUR I am clever for joining two unrelated things because that is ironic!

My generation deserves Battlestar Galactica - and I cannot think of anything more damning than that.

It probably would've been a little funnier had you made it a little more subtle and omitted the Super Wing Commander bit. I think a lot of folks would've caught on, but outright saying "SWC" killed it.

Without the Super Wing Commander part people wouldn't understand that I wasn't *necessarily* making fun of his arms.

My generation deserves Battlestar Galactica - and I cannot think of anything more damning than that.

I think MTV's "Real World" is the most damning evidence against our generation. But in all seriousness... what's a third party? :confused:

I think MTV's "Real World" is the most damning evidence against our generation. But in all seriousness... what's a third party? :confused:

Ralph Nader and Ross Perot are notable third party candidates. The label could, theoretically, be applied to any write in vote but there is usually one or two other candidates on the actual voting ticket who isn't affiliated with the Republicans or the Democrats.

Back