Why not a new Wing Commander game?

Tie fighter is the best non wc space sim. I love those tie defenders and missle boats. another good one is xwing alliance

I'd also wonder which alien race or inside enemy they'd make us fight in Wing Commander VI???

Perhaps they could do like the Star Wars trilogy (I mean the movie): take us BACK IN TIME, before Wing Commander I, and let us play a part in the early stages of the war with Kilrah... Perhaps let us revive the McAuliffe ambush... that would be amazing!!

But as you guys said, money's the issue :(
And also, the "first" Star Wars of 1977 was ORIGINALLY intended to be episode IV of the nine... so going back in time would not make too much sense, right?

But it would definitely make EXCELLENT game material...

yea well episodes 7 8 9 don't look like they will be made, esp since the next 20 years after return of the jedi are already covered by the official books

George Lucas in no way feel bound by the books that chronical what takes place after episode 6 and would completly ignore them if he felt he could tell a better story, but he has said he has no intention of making the third trilogy.

AW! Are u kidding? Lucas's got more money to make!!
Besides, I think he really wants to complete the series, being a perfectionist.
Shooting only 6 episodes would not finish the job ;)

But you would be able to laud over us the fact that you had this information and we would all have to admit to it because its here in the chat zone for posterity.

Otherwise I'll just have to assume your full of it. :)

Supdon, somethings were meant to be kept secret. TC woun't tell you because he can't per the orders of his superiors.

plz stop swearing, if u must say the name of satan then please use g****e l***s.

and the last game i remember being created "for the love of it" is Counter-Strike. unfortunately, its got so big (like 300MB) that you cant download it easily and you HAVE to buy it.

i go away for a weekend and i feel lost on the boards...

ya know what archanist i have been using * in replace of vowels when i say shit and others but from now on just becuase you piss me off I shall not do that!

No one should have to pay a monthly fee to enjoy a multiplayer game of any sort! We already pay to access the net. Its no wonder games like Quake 1-3, Unreal Tournament, Half-Life, Jedi Knight Dark Forces II and others are doing so well, and will continue to do well. Those game makers made shure you will enjoy it for years to come without extra cost just to play it. IMO, paying for a game over and over and over again is a big rip off. Its STUPID STUPID STUPID. Of course the game maker is sitting fat and pretty.
Which brings up a point about EA/OSI, if they are making lots o money with UO2 or whatever, they should have plenty of resources to continue WC. But we all know the score with that one.

RFBurns

Originally posted by RFBurns
No one should have to pay a monthly fee to enjoy a multiplayer game of any sort! We already pay to access the net.
I not so sure. Look at Blizzard's Diablo. I wonder how much it costs to maintain the servers for the game. And now with the game going for about $30 on sale, what kind of profit are they really making? And you can't count what we pay to access the net - the game companies don't make a dime off that.

and you are fogetting the fact the UO is only supposed to be played online and they are getting like 1/2 a mill a month for it. BUt Origin does not see a dime of that, EA gets it all.

Back