Why is Blair the "Heart of the Tiger"?

Crusader11 said:
is "berillyum baloney" from where I think it's from?

Probably
wink2.gif

As for "Tiger", I'm not so sure about a translation thing, 'cause the Kats also use the term "monkeys". We know there was a monkey-like creature on Kilrah, but I don't remember it's name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if there was a monkey-like creature on Kilrah, what are the chances that it would be called "monkey" and a "tiger" on Kilrah as well as earth? Either it's a universal translator, or all Kilrathi are bilingual.

------------------

§

Well, you can't blame a guy for enjoying himself over the past...
wink2.gif

And I don't know if I took it the wrong way Saturnyne, but here's a proof for you: "With this tool-making ability came the capacity to construct traps for their more evasive prey (particularly a small, intelligent, chimp-like creature which remains to this day a Kilrathi delicacy)..." KS Manual, P. 65
smile.gif

Now looking at this from the prophecy point of veiw, we know that "heart of the tiger" is actually "someone with a heart of a Kilrathi". Why would an univesal translator translate "Kilrathi" into "Tiger"? IMO they had to know what a tiger was, and they didn't call Blair heart of the Kilrathi because they didn't want to show how much they really fear him, and because putting a human to the status of a Kilrarthi is, um... *wrong*.

Damm cut & paste... don't ask.

[This message has been edited by Hero (edited November 06, 2000).]

Well, obviously the Kilrathi would have known what a tiger was. They've captured so many information about Earth, even before the war started, they could have dug up even small stuff like this.

*L* I can imagine the scene.

Officer: I'll never tell you anything!

Kilrathi: Oh, but I think you will, ape! With this piece of information, we shall rule Terra and destroy your lair mate and families!

Officer: (Prattles off his name and rank)

Kilrathi: Arrrgh! You will tell us! (Leans in close and growls) What is the name of those orange and black striped felines on your planet?

Officer: (Laughs until he is gutted)

Well, okay, it's not too funny, but I tried.

------------------

§

Hmmm, remembers me of the "Bugs Bunny s****s your mother!!!" taunt.
biggrin.gif

Maybe they picked up info about Tigers from an old National Geographic TV signal?
biggrin.gif

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our neck before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Kahlil Gibran

Member of the LMG(Centaurian)

Or maybe they picked it up from the computer of the ship from Fawcet’s World, the one with practiclly the whole history of human beings, the one that wasn’t destroyed because the Kilrathi took them by surprise. Or maybe they got it from all the other ships they captured.
smile.gif

I like klaus' idea. Reminds me of that great Futurama episode where the aliens from Omicron Persei 8 begin to terrorize Earth with their anti-monument laser in order to catch the end of a 1000-year old Terran TV show.
smile.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Back