Why is Blair the "Heart of the Tiger"?

He was first labelled "Heart of the Tiger" during WC1 (probably the Secret Missions). We presumably first found out about it in WC2 (if that bit was included in WC2's manual, as it was in KSaga). WC2 KSaga, at any rate, features a letter from Prince Thrakhath (dated 2655.200), which mentions this name.
The name, btw, is just a title of respect that the low-born Kilrathi have for Blair. While Hobbes' personality key also used this name, one must be sure to get the relationship right. The key used the name because it had been given to Blair - not vice versa.

Agreed. Can you possibly tell me why it take 19 tons of resources to build a Wraith yet the mass is only something like a few thousand kg?

Well, because the resources in Armada stand for a lot more than just metals (yes, it all comes from mines, but that's only for the sake of simplicity). You need food for the people building the ship, you need fuel for the vehicles bringing the resources in to the shipyard, and of course, you need lots and lots of paper, pens, and pecils for the beaurocrats
smile.gif
. It's only natural to waste so much when you build them one at a time. I mean, the whole point of mass production was to make production processes more efficient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to mention that 19 tonnes doesn't neccessarily refer to pure or ready-to-use materials. A lot of mass might be lost while purifying and processing the materials.

Hey, I just noticed, the messages are in the old (most recent at the bottom) order when replying to a post ... can Kris fix that?

That's a negatory, Steampunk. The messages appear to be in the proper (new) order. I don't know why you saw them the other way round...

I swear when you reply to a message, the posts under the "Your reply:" text box are arranged from earliest post to latest post. Perhaps my cookies aren't working right ...

------------------
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Everything's just fine for me... try rightclicking in the frame, and choosing refresh (or was it reload?). Or wipe your windows/temporary internet files/ folder.

Nope. Nothing doing. I refreshed, emptied chace and refreshed, then refreshed again. As I type this the messages are in the old order. Oh well it won't matter because by the time we figure it out if ever, this thread will be too long for all the posts to be seen ...

------------------
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Don't ask "why" - he simply IS the

! Heart of the Tiger !

------------------
...don't hide your emotions - they'll be your last ones...

Sorry for putting this old messages on top
of the Chat Zone, but I'm new here and just wanted to test my account on an old topic...
Unfortunately this topic removed here after new postings on it :-o

------------------
...don't hide your emotions - they'll be your last ones...

Someone also said once that HotT (the name, not the book
wink2.gif
) was given to Blair by Thrakhath (after it was given to him by the low-born Kilrathi) to disprove the prophecy. Thrak, being one who wasn't such a believer in the *ways of Sivar* thought the Kilrathi would win the war and that he'll kill Blair someday, and so by calling him HotT he'll show the rest of Kats that the prophecy is a bunch of *Berrylium baloney*.

Grrrr, didn't even noticed that this was an *old* topic
mad.gif
wink2.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Hero (edited November 04, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question... why would Thrakhath call Blair the Heart of the _Tiger_? Is it a "universal translator" thing, or did Thrakhath know more about earth that I think he did? It seems odd that he'd know the name of an animal on earth, especially since if it existed on Kilrah, it would be known as a different name.

------------------

§

It must be a translation thing. Look at the Bloodfang. The other Kilrathi ships have Kilrathi names, probably because there is no direct English translation.

Back