WHY in P2....

Ladiesman^

Spaceman
WHY did this happen to me....

Ok...so i'm going about my business, just trying to get from Bex to Hermes (after getting that cylinder thing), and about 3 jumps into my journey, I encounter some pirates.

Ok, normal so far.

I kill those pirates, only to discover more have jumped in. I'm slightly peeved, but I go ahead and kill them too. MORE pirates jump in.

This goes on FOR AN HOUR STRAIGHT....eventually I just got pissed enough to just turn off the game, as I was apparently just going to be fighting pirates for the rest of my life.

Is this like, normal?!

Yes it is normal, welcome to the WC Privateer 2 Universe!

BTW, do you have the English version, right?

Originally posted by Ghost
Yes it is normal, welcome to the WC Privateer 2 Universe!

BTW, do you have the English version, right?

Yep...English Deluxe Edition

And man that sucks...I can handle 2 or 3 waves, but that was just rediculous.

Yes that is annoying, you can be there fighting pirates for an hour :rolleyes:

Theorically you could AB far away and then make a jump....but you must be far,far,far away....your AB fuel will be depleted and you will not be far enough :rolleyes:

Yes that is annoying, you can be there fighting pirates for an hour :rolleyes:

I like how it manages to happen at the worst possible times....like that one, where ALL I wanted to do was just get a planet and save my game.

As I recall it, each nav point has a certain percentage chance of spawning a certain type of enemy after a certain length of time. If you're fast at killing or fly the safer routes, you can avoid this problem.

Originally posted by ChrisReid
As I recall it, each nav point has a certain percentage chance of spawning a certain type of enemy after a certain length of time. If you're fast at killing or fly the safer routes, you can avoid this problem.

Yeah...that's the problem...it takes me ages to kill certain types of pirates....for some reason taking out Demons takes FOREVER...

The shots passed through the wings of the Demons, that was bad :(
The Skull were hard, but every shot was a hit.

[Joke] So since everyone is high on the poles, lets have one on Nephilim vs. Tri-System Pirates! [/Joke] :D :rolleyes:

There are alot of things that factor in. 1) each nav has a differant percentage chance of pirates than others . Some are very active and get alot of pirates. 2) your difficulty level. It's based on three things. How far you are in the story line, how many kills you have and how much networth you have. If you get up to difficulty level 12 and hit a hot pirate nav point then you're going to be there a while. Pack around a couple of Nukem's to handle that kind of problem. Two blasts should clear everyone out so you can jump.

Originally posted by t.c.cgi
[Joke] So since everyone is high on the poles, lets have one on Nephilim vs. Tri-System Pirates! [/Joke]
Eh, everybody knows how that would end. The Nephilem would go crazy and kill themselves, frustrated by the pirates reappearing just when they thought it was over ;).

The shots passed through the wings of the Demons, that was bad :(
(...)

True, I remember that. Still, since they were so slow they always were in front of you so you could align fairly easily (IIRC) at least one side of your guns to them. But it has been now almost a year since I played P2...

I just picked up Privateer 2 in a garage sale over the weekend. What cylender thing are you talking about that you got at Bex?

Originally posted by Ripper
I just picked up Privateer 2 in a garage sale over the weekend. What cylender thing are you talking about that you got at Bex?

It's part of the plot....on the second disc, you go to Bex and a get a thing you need to open up.

O.K. I havnt got that far yet. Joe the bartender said he would keep an eye out for ship deals, but hes never got anything. How long before he comes up with something?

Back