Why Do Kilrathi Not Exist?

t.c.cgi said:
I think Baron Jukaga (sp) and the Kilrathi colonists that defected could be a good indication that it's probably a social construct of the warriors.

I like the idea raised in the Academy series where Blair is explaining to one of the characters how he assumes some people on both sides just think differently to the majority (since everyone is an individual) and that because of this some people don't hate the Kilrathi just like himself. On the other side, there would be some Kilrathi that don't want constant fighting.

Blair sure did seem to hate the Kats before he warmed up to Hobbes. Then again, I suppose we would too if we'd been in his shoes.

overmortal said:
Blair sure did seem to hate the Kats before he warmed up to Hobbes. Then again, I suppose we would too if we'd been in his shoes.

You have to see it in the context of the cartoon series. Without trying to give a spoiler, there were many occasions in the series where Maverick continued to show mercy towards the Kilrathi no matter the cost. :cool:

Hi,THis thread left me thinking that it would be a good idea to have some Kilrathi cargo vessels if there are none already. Obviously all retired captial warships or drones so we can at least get some glimpes of their logistics trail.

Delance said:
Well, Darwinism couldn't really explain most sci-fi races anyway. A predatory race like the Kilrathi would have no "reason" to "evolve" into a civilization.

Thats the thing about Evolution, no aliens or creatures humans invent in fiction could reay have evolved in real life wheras everything in real life is intrinsically related to everything else. So if you want to say the Kilrathi evolved you have to try and twist it so it works because if you over think it eventually you will hit a brick wall, obviously, becuase the Kilrathi are fiction.

Ed

Back