Why did you pick your Signature?

Well actually I try to make some "ad" for my website until I will find a good quote. I think I will put one from Colombus.
BTW how do I put a link in my sig ? I tried some HTML tags, but it only displayed, well... HTML tags ! :(

My first signature shows my devotion to the Kilrathi and Sivar.
The 2nd one is from WC4, I always found it funny when Maniac said that. (Although I am not sure anymore if it's really correct)
And the 3rd one, I don't know. When I watched "Gladiator" the first time in German, the sentence "Bin ich nicht barmherzig?" really impressed me, i.e. the way the German voice said it. As it is an English speaking board, I used the original quote in English. But when I heard it in its original English the sentence did not appeal so much to me. I keep it until sth better comes into my mind.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 05-15-2001 at 06:50]

The first quote in my sig comes from the movie Army of drakness, part 3 in the Evil Dead trilogy. I chose it because, well, Ash is the coolest guy ever to grace the silver screen. You can have nothing but respect for a guy who battles demons with a sawed off shotgun in one hand and a chainsaw attached to his severed other hand :D

the second quote is from an anime character from the Roruoni Kenshin series. I think it says a lot about how I fly in Wing Commander. I'm in there for the fight, nothing else.

Hmm, let me see what mine is, then I'll edit it...

Ahh, mine's from Action Stations. I also sometimes have "You go, LOAF, get some!" - JPG in my sig... which is an alt.games.wing-commander quote from the famous Captain Johnny.

Mine comes from working on a broadcast transmitter, getting burned once when testing it, it decided to arc at the output, simply cause I was in a hurry and forgot to switch in the load! Hence an RF burn. :)

RFB

Originally posted by Sadic
Well actually I try to make some "ad" for my website until I will find a good quote. I think I will put one from Colombus.
BTW how do I put a link in my sig ? I tried some HTML tags, but it only displayed, well... HTML tags ! :(

put boxes around the address. example [url]www.space-battle.com
use the qoute button above my post to see how i did that. then do it in your sig.

RFBurns: And I guess you were also in a hurry to respond to this topic :).

[Edited by Quarto on 05-15-2001 at 12:58]

my sig
line1- i read the notebooks of lazerus long and liked that one.
line2- i like jabbing people with pointy sticks :D
line3,4- blatent advertising for other forums :)

Ya, I get in a hurry sometimes! I was also in a hurry when I got burned by that RF! In a hurry to find an ice pak! :D

RFB

[Edited by RFBurns on 05-15-2001 at 13:24]

My first quote is just something I made up. It's kind of stupid, actually...I think I'll change it soon.

My second quote is there because, well, it's trendy.

Well the main one is simply true :D

The second one is a link to my website (for those of you not aware I have made one or two simulator missions for Secret Ops:p)

Well, my quote.........it has a story.

My first thread I ever started, I posted a 'something vs. something' thread. Well...... quarto didn't like that too much, so, right after I posted it, he edited it so that it read:

"I, ladies and gentlemen, am alittle teapot."

And I thought it was hillarious. Little did quarto realise though, by stopping a something vs. something thread, he started the 2nd most silliest thread this board has ever seen. The Kittens vs. Bunny Rabitts thread. (Yes he changed the subject too.)

And your probably wondering what the most silliest thread was. I started it too! That would be the insults thread. First thread to ever break 500 posts I believe. And nothin but silliness!

Originally posted by Zor Prime

And your probably wondering what the most silliest thread was. I started it too! That would be the insults thread. First thread to ever break 500 posts I believe. And nothin but silliness!
[SNL tone] Good times... good times [/SNL tone] :)

Eh eh... for my first line... those who are interested a bit more in depth into French soccer, certainly know the great Eric Cantona, French forward, recently voted player of the century in Manchester United's history (and who also gave the name to the ship Ecantona from Privateer 2... <G> ).

Here's the story... Cantona was playing a game in the English league... he was near the stands where the supporters are placed... and some guy from the opposite team must have mad some "comment" about Cantona's mother...
Cantona jumped over the fence and did a spectacular KARATE KICK on the chest of the supporter...
They had to hold him from ulteriorly harming the guy...

Well... he was suspended for a while for that stunt, but in any case, he was tried, and when the journalist started asking questions, he simply answered "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"... :)

There's no philosophical meaning hidden behind it, really... Cantona was just pissed both for the situation and with the journalists... no one knows for sure yet how he came up with that quote... <G>

As for the 2nd line... eh eh... it seems highly "in-vogue" lately, that whenever LOAF tells you "[insert your username here] is right", you "should" put in your sig... LOAF himself specified it's "In-vogue"...
So there it is! <G>

Originally posted by Nep Parth
My first quote is just something I made up. It's kind of stupid, actually...I think I'll change it soon.

No Nep you did not make up the first one of your quotes you stole it from the movie "The Princess Bride".

My first quote comes from the Tennyson poem about the charge of the light brigade, and I keep it in my sig for the reason:1. It reminds me that people are stupid bbecuase they commemorate and consider that charge the highest point in british honor and dignity, yet what happend was a bristish general who had little combat experience ordered the light brigade to charge up a hill where the russian army was fortified without giving the light brigade any backup, ie the british are commemorating and honoring the biggest act of stupidity since Marshal Ney charged too early at Waterloo.
2. My second quote is from the books "Time Enough For Love" By Robert A. Heinlein, that chronicals several events in the life of one Woodrow Wilson Smith aka Lazarus Long, and this quote just rings so true in my mind that I felt it derserved to be seen and heard by all

Back