Why CIC and Blacklance ROCK

pendell

Spaceman
So here I am, TRYING to get WC4 to run on my snazzy new PIII running windows ME .. and it keeps screwing up. I'd run it on an older machine with bad results, so I was determined to get it to run on my new one, windows ME notwithstanding. Kept throwing memory exceptions.

Finally, in disgust, I go to the "files" section of the CIC..

WOOHOO! Windows 95 update for WC4!!

Installed the patch, works great.

So... my wife will curse you, since you guys have just doubled the useable life of WC4 at our house. But I'M ecstatic, and I wanna say thanks. As the title says, CIC and Blacklance rock.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Hell, I'll buy a round for everyone at CIC...without it, I wouldn't have been able to download and play Secret Missions or Special Ops for KS!!

Hey, does anybody else have windows xp? Man, that OS kicks ass. Better than any previous windows version. It has a EMS-emulator installed by default. It's the first time in years I've been able to play my old WC's without having to alter my config.sys and autoexec.bat and thus frelling up some of my other programs.

Originally posted by Talyn 83
Hey, does anybody else have windows xp? Man, that OS kicks ass. Better than any previous windows version. It has a EMS-emulator installed by default. It's the first time in years I've been able to play my old WC's without having to alter my config.sys and autoexec.bat and thus frelling up some of my other programs.

WHOA! MUST BUY XP!

:eek:

I was rather unimpressed by WinXP. Hell, I've been unimpressed since Windows 98. It's all a biggier, prittier rehash of the same chugger of an OS.

For most people XP is far more stable than any of the 9x's. I don't like XP either, but that doesn't make me blind to the facts.

It's way more stable than any of the previous windows-versions. Of course, nothing beats linux for me, but XP is just better than any other windows. I really like it. It's.. nifty.

Originally posted by Talyn 83
Of course, nothing beats linux for me,

You're okay Talyn. Now wait for the rest to open their eyes... and let them breathe freely.

imZ

Oh, and back to topic: I would never have gone experimenting with WC editing and would never have started a WC RPG if I hadn't found out about the CIC.

Thnx.

Originally posted by Zim
You're okay Talyn. Now wait for the rest to open their eyes... and let them breathe freely.
Yes... soon they shall all be frothing minions of the milling Lunix horde!

Thanks, but Windows works fine, and does everything I want it to. Lunix doesn't :) Oh wait, that must be the sound of my constricted breathing.

Any operating system that doesn't let you play any Wing Commander games isn't worth the time it takes to spell correctly.

That's all I need to have some amount of respect for Linux -- for people to stop talking about it.

Back