Whodabest?

Grasshopper

Spaceman
Ok peeps, its been a while, but we need an update pole on who is the best WC actor!!! I am incuding both games and bad, bad, movies. Ok, my list is not in any order!

1) Clive Owen - Sucked in a bad, bad King Arthur flick, but still up and coming. Very bad in Sin City. Can he act?
2) Mark Hamill - Loved him in that 70's film that pitted a Corvette vs.everybody (ok, I am really dating myself)
3) Freddie Prinz Jr. - On the list because Chico and the Man would have beat the s&#$ out of Chico and the Kilrathi
4) Ginger Allen - aka Lynn - Best Actress in the 80's; if you want to argue that? Should be #1 but I cant do that because....
5) Tom Wilson - My, and everybodies, personal favorite! Now as Clam #3 in "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie". Dont worry, he was a voice actor in Pam Anderson's "Stripperella" the year before. Still, BEST WC act yet.
6) Jürgen Prochnow - You all know and love him in "Verlorene Ehre der Katharina Blum oder: Wie Gewalt entstehen und wohin sie führen kann, Die"! Ok , "Das Boot" but still a great actor in a bad, bad movie.
7) Saffron Burrows - Was in a classic with sharks and LLCoolJ!!! Enuff said.
8) Malcolm McDowell - Caligola (real spelling)!!!!!! Hot poker in the ass. Yet he still is in Star Trek and WC!! awesome. (Must know who Gaius Germanicus Caligula was)
9) Jason Bernard - Capt Eisen. Rocked!!!
10) John Rhys-Davies - A dwarf, a slider, and a lifetime affiliate of sf acting

Honorable Mention

11) François Chau - "Vagabond" Very bad movies until recently he is the Dharma video guy in "Lost"
12) Richard Riehle - "Pliers" in number 4, plus every bit acting piece in every bad series ever
13) Chris Mulkey - "Hawk" and another billion small roles

Priv 2 had the best casting by far. Clive Owen, Jurgen Prochnow, John Hurt, and Christopher Walken all rock.

On the other hand, Priv 2's plot was pretty damn silly, but oh well.

Privateer 2 was a fantastic cast...a great game that was released a couple of months too early. The cast however were quite fine in their roles. I live Clive Owen, he played the part rather well in my opinion.

Tunguska said:
It has to be a toss up between Malcolm McDowell and John Rhys-Davies for best actor.
I agree, but IMHO John Rhys-Davies is a little bit better
Of course, if this were about my favorite character, it's of course Maniac. :D
Tom Wilson is hilarious and WC 3, 4 & Prophecy are a lot more fun with him in it.

Confed said:
I agree, but IMHO John Rhys-Davies is a little bit better
Of course, if this were about my favorite character, it's of course Maniac. :D
Tom Wilson is hilarious and WC 3, 4 & Prophecy are a lot more fun with him in it.

Tom Wilson is also one of my favorites!

Also deserving a mention is Mark Dacascos. I didn't like his acting as Catscratch in WCIV, but he did a good job in DNA and an AWESOME job in Brotherhood of the Wolf. IMO he plays a better soft-spoken tough guy as in Brotherhood of the Wolf than he does a whiny wimp in WCIV.

Other notables not mentioned: Jason Bernard- Eisen in WC, Judge in Liar Liar, and a bunch of good movies. Casper Van Dien- random pilot in WCIV, star of Starship Troopers

Ooh, ooh! The helmswoman from the Intrepid!

She delivered the ONE Wing Commander line that could possibly top the infamous 'hot-dogging/true master" gem.

Wait, in brotherhood of the wolf he really kicks some serious ass. He may be soft-spoken, but that's not how I'd describe him :)

PeteyG said:
Ooh, ooh! The helmswoman from the Intrepid!

She delivered the ONE Wing Commander line that could possibly top the infamous 'hot-dogging/true master" gem.
Did she say a line? I don't remember her talking at all- just laughing and looking a little pissed at Maniac for bumping the helm while he was flirting. What did she say?

Ugh, this is disturbing. I thought I had all of the WCIV cinematics memorized, but I had to go to the script to jog my memory on this. The last line is the one in question:

WCIV Script said:
wilford (comm screen)
Colonel, I've been getting strange, troubling reports out of the Peleus system. We've been losing ships, and yet there seems to be no enemy presence. I'm ordering Intrepid to look into this: Peleus is absolutely vital to our efforts -- its a major source of fuel as well as a strategic location. Lose Peleus, and our cause cannot prevail.

blair turns to the helmsperson.

blair
You heard the man.

helmsperson
Yes, sir, I did. Inputting coordinates now.

Back