Confed or Nephilim?

• Confed

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Nephilim

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Both sides ram each other and they blow up

Votes: 16 35.6%

• Total voters
It is from SpaceBattles. You probably should have figured that out when you saw how stupid it was.

This whole thing on vulgarity is silly, it just shows one's lack of imagination and character when it comes to communicating. Things can be said just as effectively without the use of such overused words.

I don't believe that words themselves can be vulgar. It's the meaning and intention behind them (and partially how one decides to interpret them) that determines whether or not they are vulgar.

This is why censorship is pointless. So-called vulgar words can be used in a perfectly non-vulgar manner. Conversely, even the most innocent of words can be made into a harsh insult. It's all subjective.

If it'll make you feel better about yourself, go ahead and censor your posts. It won't change the meaning behind any of it.

Originally posted by WildWeasel

If it'll make you feel better about yourself, go ahead and censor your posts. It won't change the meaning behind any of it.
It certainly won't, I agree, but it will change their external aspect, and will by all means appear less vulgar to certain people...

And Wedge, I absolutely agree on everything you've said.

Originally posted by mpanty
And Wedge, I absolutely agree on everything you've said.
And yet you use those words which Wedge claims show a lack of imagination, albeit misspelled. If you dislike the vulgarity of the words and consider them unimaginative, don't use them. Otherwise, cease patronizing everyone here, and just spell them out. We all know what you mean anyway.

I respectfully submit this to currently be the 4th most stupid topic ever conceived on this board.

Originally posted by Frosty
And yet you use those words which Wedge claims show a lack of imagination, albeit misspelled. If you dislike the vulgarity of the words and consider them unimaginative.

Profound and wise words, Frosty style ;-)

Back