Who Shot P.P.C. Merlin? (October 12, 2010)

C

CIC

This is a cool video from the Wing Commander Movie's Electronic Press Kit. It includes the only known footage of Merlin's scenes. Merlin was a small holographic AI character that was voiced by Mark Hamill and set to accompany Blair along his adventure. Ultimately he was removed from the film and condensed into limited interaction between Blair and the Rapier's cockpit computer. This scene isn't in the extended workprint. The sequence's music, which was in a separate audio channel, has been removed to make this easier to hear. Download the clip here (5.1 meg avi).

--
Original update published on October 12, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
A Merlin scene without the actual Merlin hologram? I've imagined him being a long-haired Mark Hamill dressed in white robes.

A Merlin scene without the actual Merlin hologram? I've imagined him being a long-haired Mark Hamill dressed in white robes.

There's something white there between the actors... I presume that's where the hologram effects work would have been added. Also note that Merlin's dialogue in that scene is just temporary as well... Someone on set speaking Merlin's lines to cue in the actors.

I quite liked Merlin in the book and hoped one day there would be a special edition of WC movie with him in it! ;)

Back