Who loves the Raptor?

Maj.Striker said:
Gotcha. I know I can export 3ds so I'll will get this to the moderators here shortly. As for the textures...well I'm a horrible texture so there really no textures involved on this model, I set certain parts of the model to a dark green and the other to a light grey and just adjusted the reflection and such on them. Eventually I'll try texturing it...but I need to really study up on that as all my attempts look horrible. Anyway, I'd like to release this and my bengal mesh together so we'll see. I'll post an update on that one sometime as well.

Well, I haven't noticed it's untextured :D . Looks good as it is, as long as it keeps the reflective properties (well, at least as a new ship).

IMHO, models look better this way (the details modelled instead of just textured), at least as long as the model's good (and yours certainly is).

Thanks everyone. I sent the mesh to the news@wcnews.com address, they should be posting it up soon. I want to show my current Bengal model but since another fine modeller has his model up I don't want to look like I"m trying to steal his thunder...

very nicely done striker. raptor looks as mean as ever...and very shiny too...fresh from the factory...bet it still has that new ship smell....

I really like, bu I do think the vertical "wings" shoul be more rounded or something... But aside from some divergences from the vanilla raptor, the model is great.

I like the Raptor, it was the one ship i never got to fly for a long while though, due mainly to the fact that i first played the game when i was about five and developed something of a fondness for ejecting.

Lol me too. Except that I would complete a mission and get to the TC and for the longest time I didn't realize you had to open you ComLink to land. I would get to the ship and eject. It was the coolest thing ever when I finally figured out how to land! Pretty sad, eh? But hey, I was 9!

BTW...Awesome job on that MS! I have to say the Raptor was my favorite fighter in WC1, though I have some kind of sick obsession with the Scimitar too. Don't know why, I just love it!

I dunno... the Scimitar could have been worse. There was a good reason for retiring it though...

Hey... anybody remember that "bonk" sound effect from the original WC1 every time you fired Mass Drivers?

It is so strange to read how this guys played WC when they were teeny tiny children. I was 14 when WC1 was released and 15 when I got my 386 with the game installed in the hd... and I had absolutelly no video games at home until i was 10 or 12. It must have been a nice childhood, growing up with Rapiers and Raptors :)

Edfilho said:
It is so strange to read how this guys played WC when they were teeny tiny children. I was 14 when WC1 was released and 15 when I got my 386 with the game installed in the hd... and I had absolutelly no video games at home until i was 10 or 12. It must have been a nice childhood, growing up with Rapiers and Raptors :)

Scary... isn't it? I'm 22... which means I'm not really very old at all... but every day... especially in the gaming world... I just feel like I'm aging at an accelerated rate.

That "bonk" sound (or perhaps "boink") is still my favorite mass driver sound...just plain awesome. It sounded like you were squirting the shots out from your guns. Loved it.

Luck said:
Lol me too. Except that I would complete a mission and get to the TC and for the longest time I didn't realize you had to open you ComLink to land. I would get to the ship and eject. It was the coolest thing ever when I finally figured out how to land! Pretty sad, eh? But hey, I was 9!

BTW...Awesome job on that MS! I have to say the Raptor was my favorite fighter in WC1, though I have some kind of sick obsession with the Scimitar too. Don't know why, I just love it!

I love the Scimitar too. I know its not the best in game terms, I'd much rather be flying the Raptor or Rapier. However the Scimitar feels like one of those fighters that has a lot of history and has seen a lot of use throughout the confederation which makes it interesting to me.

Back