Who is Dragon?

Hawk

Spaceman
In the WC Academy Simulator Handbook under the fighter Rapier in the history of the ship it mensons a Famus confed pilot named Dragon.I dont remember Dragon beeing in any of the WC games yet it mensons Him useing Rapiers in the Vega campaign.Does anyone remember him in a game or being menson in a WC game?

------------------
I dont think we have been intraduced.Im Hawk your dead! -Hawk(ICEMAN)

Dragon is a nobody in the WC universe. Not having Academy myself, and not having played it in few years I don't know if his mentioned enywhere in the manual or the actual game, but if not, than he's just a random guy made up by OSI.

Which makes him nothing more than a nobody.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I don't seem to recall that, I'll take your word for it, LOAF. But I don't see any "Dragon" pilot in the notes, just "Daredevil" and "Lightspeed" plus a few others.

My freind is barrowing and playing my WC1.He's pretty far and ill ask him if Dragon is mension in it.

------------------
I dont think we have been intraduced.Im Hawk your dead! -Hawk(ICEMAN)

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited November 09, 2000).]

I just remembered to ask this: The WC4 'manual' is devoted to the first few chapters of the novel. Does this mean that the book was written before the game and the game is based on the novel? I wouldn't think so, and novelisations are always so completely different from the original, anyway.

It's not really first few chapters, just the first one, and it does differ slightly than what we see in the novel. Anyhow, I belive the novel was released before the game, but the game wasn't based on the book.

Your new-ness is showing, Earthworm...
smile.gif

Actually, the Wing Commander 4 novel came out almost a year *after* Wing Commander 4, because of printing problems. Of course, that was back in the day when we all posted to the Origin's Official Wing Commnader Chat Zone, and men were men and jackasses were fewer and I had a new hilarious name each day.

The jackasses just weren't smart enough to figure out how to post.

TC

------------------
Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Doesn't it feel strange to have a Major-General being called a newbie?
smile.gif

smile.gif

BTW, there was an 'official' chat zone? And yes, I guess not knowing that makes me a 'newbie' too.

Yes, Origin used to run an official CZ -- a WWWBoard -- it's where I first cut my teeth and became the famous Bandit (LOAF)
smile.gif

But there aren't many of us OWCCZ veterans left. And each year there are less and less of us.

Wedge009 said:
smile.gif
Not to me.
smile.gif
Considering that I've been a WC fan for only 3 years (before that I've never even heard of WC), and the only games I had untill mid '99 were Prophecy and SO, I am a newbie, at least when it comes to release dates of the first few games, novels and such.

Though I could swear I've heard someone say that TPOF was released before the game (or was that HOTT?)

Y'know, I never quite understood why you call yourself LOAF. You've explained before, I know, I guess I just wasn't here before then.

I have played WC1 thousands of times and I have never come across the name dragon in any of the text from cutscenes. However it could be the pilot who is doing a runner from gratha when you do badly in the first sector of WC1.

And before the wwwboard, there was the OSI BBS (went there once or twice, but long distance is a bitch)

TC

------------------
Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Back