Who is Dallas?

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
Hi all.

Just wondering - what is Dallas' (from WCP) real name? The CAG mentions a Jack Slayton as one of the Midway's dead in the SO fiction, alongside Christopher Blair and Jacob Manley. But the funeral plaque in WCP's FMV states a 1st Lieutenant Jason "Dallas" Fargo. The problem with that is that I'm sure Dallas only wears one small square as his rank insignia, which I believe is a 2nd Lieutenant.

So who is Dallas? 2nd Lieutenant Jack Slayton or 1st Lieutenant Jason Fargo?

I wonder what you could possibly be making a list of ;)

I'll go with Jason Fargo, since it was in the game. I'm sure we can make up a fun story about who Slayton is... (G)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I wonder what you could possibly be making a list of
There are a couple of other reasons too. :p

Seriously, though, do we go with the 1st Lieutenant rank as well?

Originally posted by Raptor
I wonder if Confed awards promotions posthumously.
I'm sure this has happened in real life before.

2nd Lieutenant Jack "Dallas" Slayton at least as far as the Prima WCP Guide goes. I think the Memorial Plate was wrong.. might have been made before they named Dallas as Jack Slayton (some mess up in the department cooperation I would guess)

btw. Love your Page Wedge keep up the great work :)

Yeah, probably better to go with the game, Wedge. After all, if we went with the guides, then Maverick would be Prankster and all that :p. As for his rank, if his uniform makes him a 2nd Lieutenant, I'd go with the posthumous promotion explanation... the guide is not much help here, because it doesn't bother listing his rank.

I wouldn't go by Dallas' Rank Insignia in the game, since the Rank Insignia was mess up in the Game, they gave Major's Captain Insig, and so on

I think that when there is a Guide VS Game conflict we should go with the game.....cause the WCseries started as a game.
Whenever there is a Book VS Movie or Movie VS Game conflict in Star Wars they go with the Movie ,since the Star Wars series started as movies (or TV series earlier)

Originally posted by TopGun
I wouldn't go by Dallas' Rank Insignia in the game, since the Rank Insignia was mess up in the Game, they gave Major's Captain Insig, and so on
I know they messed up several rank insignia, but you have to work with what's available. I think it's obvious that Dallas couldn't have been higher than a lieutenant.

Originally posted by Wedge009
I know they messed up several rank insignia, but you have to work with what's available. I think it's obvious that Dallas couldn't have been higher than a lieutenant.
Quick question about ranks in the game. IN the book for WC4, Seether doesn't have a rank. In the game videos I just fniished watching, he is a colonel, but I don't think he is ever actually referred to as colonel. What's up? Did they give him that rank just so it could be believed he could go head to head with Blair without being insubordinate?

C-ya

I'd buy one....just for grins.:)

And as far as in rank insignia goes in Prophacy, they were off on quite a few points. The one that stands out in my mind was when Casey first sees the briefing room. He's wearing the ranking of a 1st louie...but he just stepped on board, and in that exact scene, he tells Commodore Blair he's a butter-bars.

Anyhoo, enough nit-picks.

I'd go with the name and rank from the funeral plaque. Saying Dallas got a posthumous promotion sounds more reasonable than saying that whoever made the plaque forgot to include his name or something like that.

--Eder

Go by the plaque, definitely. Since modern day governments regularly give out medals posthumously, it's perfectly acceptable to say they promoted him for his performance on his final mission.

Wasn't there also someone with the Dallas callsign in WC2? And did he go kaboom, too? Seems to be a cursed callsign.

Yeah, Dallas was Stingray's wingman in Novaya Kiev. Dallas died on the morning patrol mission, which resulted in Stingray going back out to look for him (even though he knew Dallas was dead). Stingray ran into a lot of cats (something like 5 each of Jalkhei and Drakhri, and a couple of Kamekhs), which resulted in Blair and Doomsday saving him in a pair of Broadswords.

Originally posted by Viper61
IN the book for WC4, Seether doesn't have a rank. In the game videos I just fniished watching, he is a colonel, but I don't think he is ever actually referred to as colonel. What's up? Did they give him that rank just so it could be believed he could go head to head with Blair without being insubordinate?
Seether is the personification of the anti-Blair! :)

Originally posted by t.c.cgi
Wasn't there also someone with the Dallas callsign in WC2? And did he go kaboom, too? Seems to be a cursed callsign.
I believe Origin is based in Austin, Texas. Apparently, they like to knock Dallas for some reason. :)

Originally posted by SabreAce
Dallas died on the morning patrol mission, which resulted in Stingray going back out to look for him (even though he knew Dallas was dead).
Where did you get this from? From what I can see in the game, Stingray had orders to go on an another mission straight after the mission where that Dallas died.

Originally posted by SabreAce
Stingray ran into a lot of cats (something like 5 each of Jalkhei and Drakhri, and a couple of Kamekhs), which resulted in Blair and Doomsday saving him in a pair of Broadswords.
These ships approached Stingray after he had ejected. Blair and Doomsday wouldn't have been sent out if they knew Stingray had run into that force before.

Back