Who do I have to kill to find the Kilrathi Saga?

Reaper0Bot0

Spaceman
Hi, I'm new here.

I loved the Wing Commander games with a passion, but I just can't really play them again, lacking a good legacy computer for it. I saw Kilrathi Saga in a store once, back in high school. Being habitually broke, I couldn't afford it. You don't know how much I've lamented that.

I'll pay money for it.

[Edited by Admin]

First to let you know this site has a anti-Warez policy. Read the rules for that info.

Now Ebay is the best place to get Kilrathi Saga but sometimes something else comes up. Someone may find a copy overseas. Posting your email address was a good idea. Here a link of know sites which ahve carry WC games.
https://www.wcnews.com/wheretobuy.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize for the warez reference. I shall explain myself.

This product is, and has been for some time, out of print. If I had any option by which to enrich the game's creator in procuring the game, I would do so. As this is not an option, I made that request. Consider me properly rebuked and my request rescinded.

If you're broke, then this won't probably interest you, but just in case... :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1342704439
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1342058104

As John said, eBay is the best place to find KS at any given time... provided you can afford it. Now if you can't, there's a number of other options... you could for instance post an ad in the newspaper, and offer an amount of money you can afford for the game. Someone here at the CZ did that and received a reply within 2 days... he was offered KS for $20.00... :) IIRC he even ended up getting it for free, 'cause the seller had a problem with his PC and offered the game for free if the buyer could fix it for him. And he did... :)

So try your luck...

Half.com also has KS occasionally.

::Lights A Smoke::

Other places to hit aside from Ebay is Yahoo Shopping! Yahoo Auctions! and video game liquidation stores.

It'd be cheaper and better to put together an appropriate computer to run WC1/2/3 and then just play the real versions than to offer up your ass to the amusing price-gouging massacre that takes place on eBay for KS.

Frosty does have a point. It would cost you about 50 bucks for a working machine compared to the 150-250 that KS would cost you. I would take his advice. It's good.

Originally posted by Reaper0Bot0
Hi, I'm new here.

I loved the Wing Commander games with a passion, but I just can't really play them again, lacking a good legacy computer for it. I saw Kilrathi Saga in a store once, back in high school. Being habitually broke, I couldn't afford it. You don't know how much I've lamented that.
I'll pay money for it.
[Edited by Admin]

You mentioned not having a "good legacy computer". If you BOUGHT and OWN any of the old games (WC1, WC2, etc), you might be experiencing problems with the game speed. If that´s the case, you should try the "Moslo" software, available in the CIC´s files section.

Speaking of moslo, I couldn't get it to work with WC2. It said 'unable to load Origin FX' or somethin like that

you have to make sure that, if you're running from a windows shortcut, that your working directory is your WC2 directory... if you're running from a command prompt, you have to run moslo from the WC2 directory, eg:

<C:\WING2> c:\moslo.exe [insert switches here]

or just copy moslo to the WC2 directory. The problem your having is that the program's running, you're in a different working directory, and it can't find any of the game files, so it dumps you back out.

TC

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Frosty does have a point. It would cost you about 50 bucks for a working machine compared to the 150-250 that KS would cost you. I would take his advice. It's good.
I agree with you guys.

Back