Who are the Hari?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Not really -- the Hari never really did anything to anyone...
lets see turn planets to waste is doing nothing? sounds like the race from the sequal to the fleet. all they do is waste planets and all on them.

No, they don't go around attacking planets... they just go around colonizing planets and using up all their resources.

We never hear that they colonize and use up planets that are already inhabited, do we?
Thus, there is indeed no evidence that they are bad.

Locusts might be considered evil because they cause problems for people -- there's no indication at all that the Hari do anything to anyone.

they sound a lot like the thyrachia from the nights dawn trilogy. with some !*!*! thrown in. it probably wouldn't matter to them if the planet was inhabited first.

I love how you just assume that when all we know about the Hari is half a page in a novel... They could be quite a kind, loving race for all we know.

TC

Originally posted by TC
I love how you just assume that when all we know about the Hari is half a page in a novel... They could be quite a kind, loving race for all we know.

TC

heres what i know about them so far

1. they move in
2 they strip mine the planet, incidently killing everything
3 they leave

all in all, not the best houseguests

Originally posted by WildWeasel

Wow. That doesn't have anything to do with this conversation.

you mentioned that we didn't know the hari's motives. i used an example to show that ones motives are irrelevent, its actions that are important

No. Motives are not irrelevant. In fact, they're more important than actions. Actions, however, often have more of an impact on people, so motives are overlooked. But they are in no way less important.

Originally posted by WildWeasel
No. Motives are not irrelevant. In fact, they're more important than actions. Actions, however, often have more of an impact on people, so motives are overlooked. But they are in no way less important.

but there is no proof that they even have motives as we currently understand the actions of intelegent creatures. they may only have biological imperatives (like the locusts mentioned earlier)

You are all wrong, the Hari was a race with the only purpose of bring confusion,disgrace and discussion to this board.

Originally posted by Ghost
You are all wrong, the Hari was a race with the only purpose of bring confusion,disgrace and discussion to this board.

im not sure but wasn't the novel written before this board was in its current form or existance? and discussion is the main reason for this boards existance

I really hope you realize that Ghost was joking.

Anyway, as far as discussion goes, this one is pointless. After all, you can't prove anything. There simply isn't enough information available to back any of our assumptions up. I will, however, address your comment about motives...

Originally posted by $tormin
but there is no proof that they even have motives as we currently understand the actions of intelegent creatures. they may only have biological imperatives (like the locusts mentioned earlier)

Without motives, there cannot be fault. After all, if you don't know that you're doing something wrong, you cannot be responsible for your actions.

Back