• Tornado

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Ventura

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JasonRocZ

Vice Admiral
I posted the fighter ship that I'm planning on putting into the Wing Commander: Collateral Damage, mod. And am wondering which name should I use...by Popular vote :) Keep in mind the fighter designation is to be a merc, merchant, independent type personal craft.

Here's the craft. On the other thread..http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=23168

I'm not sure here's one link I found... It's a Harrier to me but the British may just call it otherwise. I like Buccaneer also. Cept I opted for the "Ventura" for some reason. But I'll use whatever you guys vote on so whatever has the most votes takes the cake.

http://www.vectorsite.net/avbucc.html

EDIT: From one of the images it looked like a Harrier...But it wasn't (My eyes deceived me) Sorry bout that but yea that's the Buccaneer link tho

Well I wasn't really shooting for the "Fearsome" type name but... I used a Craft list from WW2. One of which included the "Baltimore" which I guess was a attack/strike aircraft. I guess you could think of Baltimore as an American industrial center but anyways here's the link for the WW2 Baltimore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Baltimore

That will shed some light on your boggle :)

Well I wasn't really shooting for the "Fearsome" type name but... I used a Craft list from WW2. One of which included the "Baltimore" which I guess was a attack/strike aircraft. I guess you could think of Baltimore as an American industrial center but anyways here's the link for the WW2 Baltimore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Baltimore

That will shed some light on your boggle :)

And because I know EVERYONE is dying to know more, Baltimore was also the name of a heavy cruiser class used by the US Navy in WWII...

Isn't everyone glad I'm around for these sort of critical observations? :D

Looks like a cross between a Thunderbolt and a corvette!

My vote's for Buccaneer, because it looks about the size of a Galaxy-class trader. All those civilian craft in Privateer were pretty huge, and the name fits a ship available to bounty hunters.

Since we're talking about a Tunderbolt mod, I'm going to suggest something relevant but not on the list: Typhoon. The Thud was a good heavy fighter that could rip up tanks, and the Typhoon was the RAF's tank-killer. There's also the Tempest, the upgraded version of the Typhoon.

The name (along with that of the earlier Maryland) comes from where it was built, at Martin's Middle River factory near Baltimore,

Buccaneer. It looks to me like a cross between heavy fighter and a merc trader(like galaxy)
Not bad, i like it...

I'm not sure here's one link I found... It's a Harrier to me but the British may just call it otherwise. I like Buccaneer also. Cept I opted for the "Ventura" for some reason. But I'll use whatever you guys vote on so whatever has the most votes takes the cake
Um we british also call the harrier (wait for it) the harrier:p which is kind of odd seeing as it is a british Jet that we sold to the U.S!:D

I not sure... while of corse Tornado sounds good, the word I had in my mind seeing that ship for the first time was Tempest...

Deacan

Maybe you should follow the Arena pattern and have it be the Thunderbolt {Something} -- Thunderbolt Striker, Thunderbolt Tempest, etc.

Slap me thrice and hand me to me momma!!!.. That be a fascinating idea!! maybe that would be a pretty good coarse of action seeing how it seems that, that's how I have other ships....Hmm I'd have to do a few changes here and there but I' don't see where it would be a crazy change...Maybe get rid of the cargo humps put in some launchers of sorts. Interesting enough that's for sure

Back