Which is the save file for Wing Commander 1 and Secret Missions (Kilrathi Saga)

antonis of el

Rear Admiral
hello to all wing commander fans.:):) i recently got my hands onto a kilarthi saga copy and started playing again that which was on off my first computer games back in 1990-1992.i own the original series 1-5 and now the memories from the game are so intense:D:D:D.my question is where and which is the save file for wc1 - wc2 and their secret missions

The file names are 'SAVEGAME.WLD' for WC1 and SM1, 'CRUSADE.WLD' for SM2, 'SAVEGAME.WC2' for WC2, 'SAVEGAME.SO1' for SO1 and 'SAVEGAME.S02' for SO2.

General advice in this case:
Sort the files of a game by date. The newest ones are usually the savegames (and maybe the config file). Should be easy to go from there. But Sylvester's list is correct.

thanks for answering my fellow fighters:D.in c:\program files\kilrathi saga\wc1\gamedat i have a file named savegame.wld but not the crusade.wld even though i transferred a character from wing commander to sm1 and from sm1 to sm2 then.why?

I have the dos versions of the game. It's possible that they combined the two savegame files when compiling the game for Kilrathi Saga.

Back