Where's Casey?

Cheater

Spaceman
I want to know what happened to the guy who played Casey(Steven Patrarca, or something like that)in Secret Ops, a totally different guy did his voice, did Steve die or something between the two games or what?

He was just busy with something else.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Sure he's too big for us now so we get this casey wannabe.
frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, so now that Casey's gone, you want him back, eh?
smile.gif

Like a young Maniac? Are you sure we're talking about the same Lance "By the Book" Casey?

Mind you, Maniac wasn't really crazy when he was young...

The first time I heard what is supposed to be Casey's voice in SO I almost started laughing (I installed the original VOs with my German SO basic version).
They should have made Zero the leading character (I somehow like Adam Lazarre-White
smile.gif
). He has a higher rank than Casey anyway. So why not take him?
Or here is another (radical) idea!
smile.gif

Why not make a woman the hero? (Stiletto still counts as a woman, doesn't she?
smile.gif
) This way, there would perhaps be a few more female WC fans.

jumps up, laughing like crazy and runs out of the room
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

[This message has been edited by Nighthawk (edited February 05, 2000).]

By the book Lance?

Casey had more demerits than anyone else at the Academy, by the book indeed.

Mind you, Maniac wasn't really crazy when he was young...

As I recall Maniac was microns away from being certifiably insane. Deystoying that Drayman with his own HS missile really pushed him out of the normality realm. SM1 he was often in sickbay, even hunter said watch out when he's your wingman. And Maniac's brilliant weapon that blows up in your face becuase of a simple maneuver? We are not dealing with a guy with all his marbles.

Putting him on the Victory must have brought him to something closer to the avg pilot, just a little more aggressive.

I've asked this before: What was wrong with Casey!?

------------------
If i'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Dralthi5: I have no friggin idea!

Nighthawk: As for making the hero a woman, it wouldn't make any difference. The real action comes in the space flight & you don't see your character there. Plus as they're cutting back the story you wouldn't even see her much in between missions.

I think it should be mail, because you should try to keep the fans that you have, and only try to get new ones if you aren't going lose the old ones. I probably wouldn't want to play the games that much if when I was taunting bugs I sounded like Vero from WC4. Maybe, at the beggining, they could let you choose to be Casey or Stilleto.
what do you think?

Death's Head: Demerits? What are you talking about? Is this something from the guide (which I've never seen)? Because in the game, he was said to have had an _exemplary_ record at the Academy.
As for Maniac, you got me all wrong. I didn't say he was sane all throughout WC 1. But he started off sane enough. Have you seen his bio in the original WC 1 manual (it's not in the KSaga version)? He actually sounded quite intelligent. When he stated that plodding along with the regs in one hand is not going to impress the Kilrathi, I agreed with him.
The HS missile was a stupid accident, btw. He may not have thought about the freighter, but then, he was expecting to hit the Kilrathi fighter.
In SM 1, as I recall, several other pilots (unidentified redshirts) actually Tagugar'ed (Kamikaze'd, if you prefer
wink.gif
) into Killie cap ships. The pressure was immense - all pilots were affected by it. Oh, and you should also keep in mind that Hunter helped push Maniac over the edge - like with the slime rat in Maniac's bunk, and when he rigged Maniac's fighter to show thousands of red blips on the radar.
And Maniac's brilliant weapon? (Actually, it wasn't a weapon, it was an explosive) Like I said, people were under immense pressure. They were in the middle of enemy territory, pursuing a fleet, at the centre of which was a Dreadnought - which had just destroyed a whole colony. Of course they were nervous. And some people just don't take pressure very well.

BTW, he was back to (relative) sanity in WC 2.

Cheater: What about Tomb Raider? Lots of people playing that. Of course, a female WC character would not run around the Midway in really short shorts
smile.gif
. But I think a female character would be original, to say the least. The choosing approach wouldna work though, since they'd have to film two sets of cut scenes... I really don't see that happening.

Nighthawk: Nope. She doesn't count
smile.gif

Dralthi5: The very question I'd like to see answered. I think that perhaps, some people just got _too_ attached to Blair.

Look in the official WCP strategy guide, Quarto. The biographies of the pilots go into detail on the 'star' pilots' histories. It was also mentioned by Stiletto in the game, IIRC (though not sure on that).

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Like I said, I don't have the darned guide. Those things only appear in the US, you know. Anyway, Stiletto definitely didn't mention it; on the other hand, Casey mentioned being assigned to the Midway on his own merit.

Here's a short paragraph from the Prophecy guide:
During his Academy years, Casey found himself. he proved to be a natural pilot and his new calling gave him the motivation to firm up his grades. He did not, however, become a model cadet. Along with his new confidence and motivation came a new brashness, and he accumulated a truly exceptional collection of demerits.

And IIRC Stilleto did say something about that in the Prophecy intro.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited February 06, 2000).]

Quarto: you think it would really be so hard for them to film two sets of cutscenes? They did that dozens of times in wc4. And with the drawbacks of cutscenes, they would only have to do about half of what was seen in wc4. don't you think so?

Earthworm: Ah. I see. Well, can't argue with that one
smile.gif

Cheater: The reason why they cut back on the cutscenes was because of budget cuts. Do you really think that they'll now _double_ the amount of cut scenes for the off-chance that somebody who doesn't like Casey will be happy to play Stiletto?

Earthworm: Ah. I see. Well, can't argue with that one
smile.gif

No you can't, the official WC product has spoken.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

Back