Where to get Wing Commander?

Therein

Spaceman
I have been a huge WC fan since my early childhood. However it pains me to this day that i have never owned or evern played Wing COmmander IV: The Pirce of Freedom. What would be the best way of getting a copy of this great game? Im not fussed about buying the CD's but its almost impossible to find them and I carnt see anywhere to download them online. Can someone please help me out hear?

In addition to ebay, half.com and amazon.com shops are also good places to look.

Is there a way you can get Wing Commander games without making an online purchase? At garage sales and stuff like that?

It's entirely possible, but ridiculously unlikely. A computer swap meet or flea market would probably be a better bet, but again it's just a matter of them having it.

Is there a way you can get Wing Commander games without making an online purchase? At garage sales and stuff like that?
Just look on eBay or a similar site for someone selling a copy in your neighorhood, with a little luck, you can go buy it in person.
I won an auction on eBay for WC3 for PSX in Belgium, and agreed with seller 2 pick it up at his home. That way I was able 2 test the CDs with a laptop b4 paying.
Best 8 bucks I ever spent :)

Tnaks for the help. I've never bourght anything off ebay befor beucase you always hear stories about people getting ripped off. However I managed to get a fully working secound hand copy in good condition for £8.95 (around $20) from there.

99% of the time you can get anything from Ebay without any problems. If you're nervous though just get it off Amazon. They have the whole series there last I checked. I bought WC2 Deluxe Edition for a penny last year off of Amazon, plus about $2 shipping.

Seriously, if bad sellers/buyers were actually that rampant, ebay would cease to exist through loss of confidence. Always check seller feedback.

I did pick up WC SNES just the other month in the pre-owned section of a local games store, that was the first time I'd seen a Wing Commander game in a store for a very long time, a pleasant surprise.

I just reperchased 2 copies of every WC game...and books off of Ebay. All mint, all going in totes. 10 years from now when I'm dead my family can throw everything away. Kilrathi Saga and Wing Commander Prophecy Gold are the only exspensive games in the series right now though KS has dropped in price from years past. When you look for the games make sure your getting the box, manuals and games. Alot of them just send the CD's with cases...if that matters to you.

99% of the time you can get anything from Ebay without any problems. If you're nervous though just get it off Amazon. They have the whole series there last I checked. I bought WC2 Deluxe Edition for a penny last year off of Amazon, plus about $2 shipping.

Those kinds of sales are still from private sellers. It's just like ebay (or specifically, half.com). Still, just look at the feedback. If you're at all nervous, just don't buy from people with no feedback and you'll be fine.

Don't you want to buy from people with LOTS of feedback? Positive feedback anyways. Closest I ever came to getting screwed on Ebay was a few years ago when I bought a monitor for my brother. The first 3...yes first 3 monitors the guy sent me didn't work but I spent the extra $5 on insurence so I didn't have to pay all that extra back and forth shipping cost. Only annoying that it took a month from start to finish before I got a working computer monitor. Just read the item discription carfully and ask the seller questions. All the games, computer equipment and even the car I bought last month online have come through ok. Just do your research and keep in contact with seller. IE, tell them when payment is sent. Ask to get email when they recieve payment and they sent out package. And most if not all ebay people send you a tracking number so you can see where abouts your stuff is. Then just leave feedback.:)

I just got a hell of a good Tablet PC for a great price on ebay, just have to check the feedback and see what some of the other buyers have to say about the seller.

Just saw Wing Commander 4 go for $10. That was NEW in box...still had the plasic over the box.
Just got my Xbox 360 in the mail today ($130.00 with shipping) now all I have to do i figure out how to turn it on...

Don't you want to buy from people with LOTS of feedback? Positive feedback anyways.

I haven't noticed much difference between people with a lot or a little feedback, as long as it was positive. I'd probably feel better about someone with 100% positive and 20 feedback than someone with 93% and 2000.

I haven't noticed much difference between people with a lot or a little feedback, as long as it was positive. I'd probably feel better about someone with 100% positive and 20 feedback than someone with 93% and 2000.

Yeah, I've picked up quite a few WC items on ebay. I try to stick with sellers with a high rating and so far I don't have a single complaint. And the one time I had an issue with a slow shipper, he was a pretty good person to work with when I contacted him about it. (there were mitigating circumstances).

You can run into the occasional deadbeat on eBay... but you can also find the people who actually made the games selling them! It's well worth the "risk," for the interesting people you meet and the things you find...

You can run into the occasional deadbeat on eBay... but you can also find the people who actually made the games selling them! It's well worth the "risk," for the interesting people you meet and the things you find...

Yes, very true... though that said, theire new way of catagorizing search results is awful.

Search results are still showing up as they always did for me... things that match Wing Commander in order from soonest to furthest.

Back