Where to get the windows 2000 patch for WCP

jammyo2k

Spaceman
Hi

Can anyone tell me where to get the win 2k patch for WCP. The files section on WCnews.com is still not working fully so I can't download it from there.

If anyone could send me the file via email or give me an alternative download site I would be very grateful

Email on jammyo2k@yahoo.co.uk

Thanx

Next time, stick this post on the Tech Support board.

Watakushi no kioku ga tashika naraba...

YOU were not chosen to police the boards, and it's not like they've ever had a fit over people posting things wherever.

Jammyo, the files are down at the CIC. You'll have to wait a few days while they get it straightened out. Although, yes, normally you'd put this in the technical area, it's not so big a deal, and it's usually a good idea to ignore LeHah in regards to just about everything.

Originally posted by TyeDyeBoy
Although, yes, normally you'd put this in the technical area, it's not so big a deal, and it's usually a good idea to ignore LeHah in regards to just about everything.

Don't say that to loud!!! I was banned for a couple of days because i said something that wasn't nice in someones opinion... (Now don't take this as a taunt :))

Sorry

I know I shouldn't have really posted this kind of message on this board. I was really desperate to get the file and there was more traffic on this board so I thought there was a better chance of getting it. I shouldn't have done it though. Sorry

Yeesh, why am I getting crapped on these past two weeks? TyeDyeBoy, Frosty... now LOAF? Where's the love?

::goes in his corner to pout and listen to "The Thin Red Line"::

[Edited by LeHah on 08-05-2001 at 10:52]

Jammyo, don't worry about it man. You're new here, so you probably haven't been keeping up with things.

Lately, LeHah has been kind of a dick. He's been misinforming people, arguing when he knows he's wrong (or should know), and generally being a dick. Frosty and I tend to pick on people when they do something stupid. Sometimes we pick on people for other reasons too, but this is the main one. LeHah's little attempted display of power was just another reason for us to deliver a smackdown that he's been needing lately. You can tell that this was serious because LOAF stepped in, even if only for a minor jab. LOAF is usually one of the nicest guys we have here.

Posts like yours normally would go under the tech support section, but it's not a big deal that you posted it here. There are a lot of them that end up in the wrong forum. If it's a big enough problem, the moderators and admins will move it elsewhere. TC is one of them, and he didn't move it. Nor did LOAF, who is more or less the head authority here. All this arguing and insulting going on isn't your fault (in fact, I thank you for providing the opportunity), so you don't need to worry about it too much.

Oh, and for the record, I CAN be banned like anyone else. I get warned with a regular frequency, and as per LOAF's/Kris's/Hades's/whomever's instructions, I back off a while. If EVERYONE did that when they started getting hints, noone would get banned. Hosting WCA gives me no special status, in fact, its kind of a detriment at times because I have to make sure I get the episodes loaded and all that on time for you people, I have to deal with whatever asshole is using the multiple connection downloads and pegging the file, and all that. I do it because the CIC needs me, and I've been a regular of the CIC (but not the CZ or #wingnut) since it was first created. I'm doing what I can to help the WC community. It's something referred to as "Out of the kindness of my heart." You might recognize it, it's the same reason that Chris, LOAF, and the other CICers even bother with the CIC, the CZ, and all the hell they put themselves through to keep the community informed and involved. Often with little thanks, ya ingrates.

::Sigh:: All I have to say is if you were really so rightous, you wouldn't have to say anything at all, TDB. At this point, am condsidering leaving this board since, as is apparent, here, I'm not all that welcome with some people. I'll just go back in my room and blast Elliot Goldenthal.

Blah to you.

[Edited by LeHah on 08-05-2001 at 11:51]

That's right, LeHah, that's more or less the only time I show up. Lemme give you an example of how this works.

In #wingnut, one of the moderators that wants to yell at you, yet doesn't want to look overly cruel, will say to me or to the whole channel, "look at <insert name here> on this thread, go yell at them." And I proceed to do so. It's not always a moderator, and it's not one specific moderator. I've had almost all of them come to me or to #wingnut in general asking that we rain down intelligent fire upon some unsuspecting moron. Lately it's been you with alarming frequency. If they didn't tell me to do that, I'd almost never come to the CZ. Granted, a handful of these are my own doing, but those haven't occurred for a long, long time now. They don't need to anymore, as someone often has a target in mind. And so, that's one more thing I do to help the CIC, or whomever feels they need assistnace.

Well, if that's the case, then you're just the messenger. If someone has a problem with me, step forward. I can take real constructive critcism (though you may get a sarcastic response) just don't blatantly insult me and call it intelligent is all.

I don't come on this board to offend anyone. I don't come here to piss people off. I come here to make a series of sarcastic remarks and express my deep devotion to one of my fav PC games...OK, and repeatedly talk about Michael Giacchino but I'm trying to cut back on that. :)

If you can point out where I'm pissing the lot of you around, let me know.

Originally posted by TyeDyeBoy
Oh, and for the record, I CAN be banned like anyone else. (...)
We know that... I was... ehm, joking... :)

Besides, anyone can be banned if he's being a dick... but that is not for us non-admins to determine who's being a dick or not... ;)

Oh, don't misunderstand, LeHah: I DO have a problem with you. I'm just by far the most vocal about it. I delineated the problems earlier in the thread for ya.

And if you haven't noticed anyone else explaining their problems and taking shots at you, you're an idiot.

Back