Where is the Landerich?

Hooyah

Spaceman
I just wanted to know where the landerich republic is located on the map? Also, any info on them would be nice. Thanks

IIRC, rimward of the Enigma and/or Epsilon sectors. LOAF made really nice, simple (= easy to read) sector maps of the WCU a few months ago, but after the BL.org server move, I don't know what happened to it.

IIRC, he was still in power around WC4 (the Landreich was referred to as "Krueger's Landreich" in the novel), but there's no telling if he's still in power around WC:p/SO. As for the Karga, she was pretty badly beaten up after the battle with the dreadnaught, so there's no telling if she's still operational.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by WildWeasel
Just download the big one.
I have the single sector files, but they're only from the last release before the final big one was complete. Anyway, I have the big one now... only it's so big I can't edit it and chop it up into sectors myself. :(

I believe Kruger still is president, and I believe the Karga was too badly damaged to be repaired again. Although this is going off of a more memory-based, which mine is terrible, I still hold by this being right. (I haven't read the books in quite a while.)

Did they? I thought it said something about the first repair being hard enough, and after the conflict with the dreadnaught she was too badly damaged. But, as I said, my memory is fairly poor. :)

Originally posted by Hooyah
I just wanted to know where the landerich republic is located on the map? Also, any info on them would be nice. Thanks

2nd star to the right and straight on till morning

Originally posted by Skyfire
Did they? I thought it said something about the first repair being hard enough, and after the conflict with the dreadnaught she was too badly damaged. But, as I said, my memory is fairly poor. :)

I've got the novel right here. Bear notes that it's almost as damaged at the end of the book as when they'd first found it... nothing about it being unrepairable.

Especially since they still have those Kilrathi handy to help them repair the ship. ;)

Well, hopefully they do get it fixed! I thought the Karga was a bad ass ship, and something the Landreich could really use to bolster their strength. (Although one wonders how long before Confed would complain over that one. ;) )

Originally posted by Skyfire
Well, hopefully they do get it fixed! I thought the Karga was a bad ass ship, and something the Landreich could really use to bolster their strength. (Although one wonders how long before Confed would complain over that one. ;) )

They already were. According to the end of the book, the possession of the Karga and the 'unjustified' attacks on the Dreadnaught and all were reason enough to call them on the carpet.

Back