Where in the heck can I find Privateer?

Easy!
A website that I should never link to here has a free copy available for download with RF and sound/speech for you. Only runs in DOS

BTW, i cant get speech 2 work on privateer cause some error comes up with negative memmory but i think my PC is potomized for it. any ideas? i want sound and speech for privateer sooooo bad!

I'm stupid and don't read the rules. If I had read the rules I would know that:

11) Linking to, offering, requesting, or hinting at the existence or whereabouts of warez, abandonwarez or other illegal content, can result in immediate banning.

[This post has been edited by your friendly neighbourhood Moderator. Thank you, come again. -TC]

lol TC

newcommander
go into dos then use memmaker
if u aint got that then copy the respective files from an older pc, failing that ill send u the memmaker files, use of that will free hopefully enough memory to run the game :)
or ill make u a bootdisk

I own both Privateer and Righteous Fire, but after all these years the 3.5" disks all went bad! So I downloaded both games from the internet instead. :)

make backups, Porc.

oh, now that I think of it, say you're tailing a fighter, can the fighter deploy a mine so you crash in it? In my RPG my players keep tailing the Cats and I make them jettison mines when I get sick of it.

TIA

Zim

There's a computer shop around my city which is still selling the Privateer EA Classix version for just 8 dollars.

Zim: Sure they can.
I remember one mission (SM1/2?) where you and Angel had to defend a cruiser (Gwenhyvar?) against three Jalthi.
I managed to fend them off with this little manoeuvre: Since two of the Jalthi form a wing I position my Raptor behind the wing leader and before his wingman can take up position behind me I drop off the Porcupine. It's funny to watch how the trailing Jalthi tries to get away to avoid the mine (usually with no success, though :)).

Only fighter with a mine was the Raptor.

I'm pretty sure the cruiser you had to defend was *not* the Gwenhyvar... since that's the one you have to destroy. :)

Well, Nighthawk, there's only one mission in the first three campaigns that meets all of the specifications you gave us...

In the Gimle System, you fly with Angel in a Raptor. On your first mission, you have to defend the Tiger's Claw from four Salthi-class light fighters and then defend an Exeter-class destroyer from three Jalthi-class heavy fighters.

It's possible to get a total of seven kills on that mission. If you save the Exeter, nail the four Salthis, and get at least two of the Jalthis, you can also get a Gold Star.

Thanks, WW.
I just checked an old game magazin article and found out the same (although I could have checked the "Game Guides" section earlier, too :)).

Back