Where have all the women gone?

Death's Head

Spaceman
Kinda concerns WC because it seems like no women seems to play it or have interest in it anymore.
I remember there used to be several even that were members of CIC, now it seems like and all-male club.
I thought it was really fun back then when we all came together to discuss something we found equally entertaining.

AFAIK there weren't any females working on the CIC. I only saw one female fan here, and she was banned last week or something like that. (there of course could be more, but there is no way to know which ones of us are female) I gues not many girls/women find it entartaining to fly a fighter and kill aliens/humans.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

'Members of' would imply members of the staff, not users of the Chat Board...
smile.gif

There are occasionally female fans of the game (although it doesn't really lend itself to such), but they're a definate minority. The fact that the online fanbase is (for the most part) a bunch of horny teenagers usually keeps them away, too.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Death's Head- By saying members of the CIC you're saying people that work on the CIC. By saying members of the CIC chat zone, or CIC BB you would be saying people that hang around this place.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

The only other one I remember is sue. But I haven't seen her around since the board went down.
I guess she didn't re-register.

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

You mean the one that needed help with that mission in WC3?

------------------
Gen. Patton

Yeah, right! In the record-promising The WC3 ending... thread.
smile.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

For what it's worth, there's no user with the username of Sue in the database.

(And, no, don't go bugging the admins to look up other people, unless you have a badge and a warrant.)

As for this thread, WC has never been a big favorite among the female population, so not seeing many female CZers here shouldn't be all that surprising. Besides, chicks in general tend to have a high-ish mortality rate in WC. Spirit, Shadow, Minx, Angel...
wink.gif

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Stilleto's still alive... But does she count as a woman
smile.gif
?

No, Amazon is still alive as is Panther and others that I haven't got time to think of now.

------------------
Barrie "Cpl Hades" Almond
balmond@wcnews.com

Actually the part I like about Wing Comander is the story, not the flying as much. I'm not saying that the flying isn't fun, but if there wasn't a story to it I probably wouldn't like the flying.

But that's just me.

agreed..if its not for the WC story..the flying will be just like other space sim..

------------------
You the man...YOU THE MAN!!

I think that was Gunner. Remember "Call me Kara and quit this Gunner shit" or something along those lines.

So if women don't like WC what do they like?

------------------
The time is near.
There are 337 days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Women like Gunner like to make stupid posts.
smile.gif
She was baned, two times actualy.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Cpl Hades: Yeah but none of them seem to be around this message board any more ... I have no doubt they're still alive, but they aren't here ...

Steampunk: That's because WC characters don't usually come to the CIC to post
smile.gif
. Hades was talking about people _from_ WC
wink.gif

Back