Where can Secret Op's be found?

Michael_A

Spaceman
I went to the Origin page and registered for secret ops and got a number code. Now where can one go to download it? Anyone please help I'm going through Wing Commander withdrawals here!

At the same place you got the registration number. There should be the 2 downloads, one is the game itself, the other is the in flight and briefings speech pak. As for the other missions, they arent available on the net anymore, but if you have Prophecy, you can upgrade it to Prophecy Gold by sending in 30 bucks and the manual of Prophecy to EA direct. Somewhere in the threads is more info, and check the CIC news archives for further info. Prophecy Gold is both Prophecy and the Secret Ops add on with all missions.

RFB

[Edited by RFBurns on 04-10-2001 at 14:30]

As far as I know, you can't dl Secret Ops anymore. The only place to get it is in Prophecy Gold. It usually runs about 50 us dollars on ebay. Maybe someone else knows where to get a copy........Godd luck.

They dont have the demo anymore, which is the SO game? Boy they shure do make you run around dont they! (bastards!!)

RFB

I would guess they did if he cant find it at the registration site. Wonder if it would be illegal to post the 1st episode and speech pak, since they call it a demo for SO.

RFB

The game that RFB mentioned included the game engine and the missions in episode 1. That is still available. During the giveaway, every week Origin released a new episode until the series was done. That first download was a killer if you only had a modem, the epsidoes were reasonable. But it was all free. The only thing left for download is the game engine (which includes the first episodes missions and can be used to run fan made missions.) The remianing episodes are no longer offered by Origin.

[Edited by Shane on 04-10-2001 at 14:56]

I think the CIC guys consider the downloading of Secret Ops. under their warez policy. I got yelled at once for it :(

BUT (going out on a limb here) If you look hard enough it's still around.

I think if it was the DEMO, they wouldn't mind......but I do understand that they would mind if it was the whole thing. I thought he was talking about the demo.

Thanks to everyone. Anton I followed that link but when I try downloading episode 1 it say's "Sorry this file is not ready yet." what am I doing wrong?

Don't bother with it, you can only download the first couple of missions. Look for the Prophecy Gold package if you want Secret Ops. You can also trade your Prophecy for a Prophecy Gold, check the news archives for details.

And before anyone even thinks about replying to this thread, I suggest reading the rules. Rule 11 to be specific.

http://www.crius.net/zone/announcement.php3?forumid=1

Apologies

I didn't realize that there was no legitimate place to download SO. I thought that the first episode was still available and I just couldn't find it. Please accept my apologies for stirring up a hornets nest.

You're either very stubborn, or very stupid. See you around, Anton. (But not on the Chat Zone)

What was that saying,...GET INTO THE GOLD! Sorry CIC admins if I went byond the rules. I didnt mean to suggest pirating SO on any site, but just questioning if the basic dl and speech pak were a demo or considered a demo and if EA/OSI lets sites still host that. :)

RFB

Uhmmm .. just a question ...

Was Anton just banned for posting a warez link?

Then why is that link still visible in his post? Shouldn't
it go away?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

[Edited by pendell on 04-10-2001 at 17:36]

There's nothing illegal at secretops.com. And it's fine when you download the main package and play just the first five missions. But when you want the full game, you have to buy Prophecy Gold.

And Anton's post has been edited. Yes, he was banned for violating the rules.

Back