Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Dr. Seuss's nightmares brought to life

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Valor NR
But you dont use a wormhole to travel from the Core to the kilrah Sector.

Why not? It's sure a lot faster than jumping through a
couple thousand jump points.

Why use a Wormhole to travel such a short distance? I mean going from the core to kilrah sector is a little to close for wormholes. I just think the nephilim are a little farther away then the Core

Hey, 28,000 light years is a long way, and probably quite
a few jumps, although not knowing exactly how far a jump
can be, there's no way of knowing.

Ok,regardless of what Captain Johnny meant(and I do believe the books are equaly important)the fact still remains that there is little evidence to support it other than a purely speculative assumption.I doubt that Origin would have limited it's creative control of the Nephilim by conforming to specifications set by a book.Since the enigma of the Nephilim will remain in shadows for the conceivable future,it still is within the realm of possibility, I suppose.Remember,darker enemies from the core were mentioned in almost all of the books,too.

The simple fact that books like Fleet Action play a part in the background of the WC games indicates that they were *not* ignored by the development teams <G>

Granted.But, Origin still rarely uses elements of the books in the actual games outside of background information.Thus,I still doubt Origin would use anything from the books to propel anything as major as the Nephilim's origins.

Stop sounding stupider than me, Bhaktadil, it isn't allowed. :)

I know that the book came out after the game; I was talking about Origin using it for future games if they ever made it.I'm going to stop now, because I realy would not want to come off as sounding stupider than Lehah ;).Seriously,though I do not want to start an argument over this, so I think that for now the origins of the Nephilim are best just left uncertain.

Originally posted by Bhaktadil
I know that the book came out after the game; I was talking about Origin using it for future games if they ever made it.I'm going to stop now, because I realy would not want to come off as sounding stupider than Lehah ;).Seriously,though I do not want to start an argument over this, so I think that for now the origins of the Nephilim are best just left uncertain.

Hehe, I think the point was that *since* the book was after the game, the content was based on things decided *after* Prophecy <G>

Originally posted by Mad Hatter
...Therefore, I support the "distant sector in our galaxy" option. More specifically - somewhere towards the core of our galaxy.

Now, the Nephilim do appear more advanced, do they not? Well, stars and star systems closer to the core are younger, IIRC. An advanced species has probably been around at least a little bit longer than us. So, to me it would make sense if they were a little bit farther away from the core, since the systems out there are older. I may be sayin' something stupid, but please do tell me if I missed or forgot something from astro-physics. That's my two cents for now:)

Off topic a little now; a person says that he'll "give you a penny for your thoughts". Now, giving your thoughts on a subject may be referred to "giving your two cents". Looks like the guy who's thinking gives a penny with his thoughts. You can tell that because that little paragraph drips with idiocy, that I am too tired to try and make sense.

Now, as the famous Mike Meyers would say... "Talk amongst ya selves! Topic for discussion; where bugs came from." (For all of you who do not know, he did that on Saturday Night Live, in a skit called Coffee Talk. I'm stupid!!!:rolleyes:

Actually you got that backwords. The young stars are near the rim, where they are free of gravity smearing. The old ones are near the core, where they are just about to fall in the black hole. Sol is middle age, right in the middle of things.

There are two possible places wehere the Nephilim could have came from 1) The core or another part of this galaxy, or 2) another galaxy. Since we know only that they were at the core in AS and on the move, we really don't know if they originated from the core or from some where behiind it. Both cases would end up with similar situations.

To be a little more exact, Meson, we`re about 2/3 the way out, and Sol is about half the age of the galaxy.

Not that it really matters, since if you assume the Nephilim are no more than a 1000 years more advanced than us, which astronomical-wise is really not that much, they could be practically from anywhere in the galaxy.

What you should take into consideration, if we decide to support Forstchen`s theory, is that Confed predicted it would take the "Darkness" about fifty years to get to our corner of the galaxy, and if the core is roughly 30000 light years away, well....

I`ll leave you to make that calculation.... ;)

Ah, but the Nephilim are more than a thousand years older than we are -- they supposedly had space travel almost 4,000 years ago.

Okay, 4000 years. Although judging from their ships` weapons, it doesn`t entirely make sense.
Still, it`s hardly a big difference in astronomical terms....
You could just as easily have a civilization here on earth with a 4000 year lead on us, no?

...And judging from their appearence, bug-like, that is, it`s entirely reasonable they have a much longer history than we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back