When will Outlander come out?

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
Hey guys! I've been told the producers of outlander are looking at a release date before the end of August. Hopefully well find out for sure soon enough when exactly we can get in line for tickets... I'll let you know here as soon as I find out.

In the meantime, anyone want to speculate on what you think the best date is for the movie to come out?

EDIT: There's a rumor that they are going to have a "premiere" for people that worked on the movie in Halifax in August. If this is true that substantiates somewhat the idea of an August release.

Why the mystery on the release date of Outlander

Other movie releases are already announced well into 2009 and beyond, if they plan to release Outlander in August, why is it taking so long.

They were only recently deciding on a release date. I don't think it's entirely uncommon for movie release dates to be announced with a handful of months to go before the release date. Most of the movies that have release dates years in advance are big budget studio tentpoles that are usually sequels the big hits. How ever many months are left between now and August are plenty for an ad campaign. The reality is that, while they may have mentioned intentions of when they wanted it to come out, they never really sat down to actually discuss when it should come out untill after they finished the movie, which was a month or so ago.

EDIT: I merged these two threads because they're kind of the same subject

Hey guys! I've been told the producers of outlander are looking at a release date before the end of August. Hopefully well find out for sure soon enough when exactly we can get in line for tickets... I'll let you know here as soon as I find out.

In the meantime, anyone want to speculate on what you think the best date is for the movie to come out?

EDIT: There's a rumor that they are going to have a "premiere" for people that worked on the movie in Halifax in August. If this is true that substantiates somewhat the idea of an August release.

I think I can elaborate regarding that rumour . . . as a bearded guy from Halifax who did some background performing in December 2006 for Outlander, I got to know some of the site workers at the Nine Mile River set. A wardrobe artist recently reminded me that many of the people who endured the mud, snow and night shoots will get together for a premiere party when the movie is finally released in Canada. She said "a management person" was looking to make the Oxford Theatre on Quinpool Road available for a gala premier, friendly to anyone who contributed to the film.

PB

I think I can elaborate regarding that rumour . . . as a bearded guy from Halifax who did some background performing in December 2006 for Outlander, I got to know some of the site workers at the Nine Mile River set. A wardrobe artist recently reminded me that many of the people who endured the mud, snow and night shoots will get together for a premiere party when the movie is finally released in Canada. She said "a management person" was looking to make the Oxford Theatre on Quinpool Road available for a gala premier, friendly to anyone who contributed to the film.

PB

Thanks for the info. It's cool that you guys will be able to get together for something like this.

sweet

so do the people that actually help out and was an extra in outlander actually get to go to a premier for this movie. how do i find out more about this?

so do the people that actually help out and was an extra in outlander actually get to go to a premier for this movie. how do i find out more about this?

It sounds like, whenever OUTLANDER is released theatrically in Nova Scotia, there are plans to hold a screening for people involved but I'm not sure exactly who will be organizing this. Until there's a release date I don't imagine we'll hear a whole lot in that regard.

Back