Whats your opinion of Lt. Colonel Johann Daniels

Personally, I think that Daniels was one of the best PCs so far, due to the fact that he is somewhat different that the rest.

Instead of a brash, young rookie pilot trying to make his name (Not so true for ALL the wing commanders, but still) you have this aged, experienced, respectable man who's personality is still lively and morphable to bring the player through the fiction with added excitement.

It's a refreshing change. :)

Originally posted by Tempest
Personally, I think that Daniels was one of the best PCs so far, due to the fact that he is somewhat different that the rest.

Instead of a brash, young rookie pilot trying to make his name (Not so true for ALL the wing commanders, but still) you have this aged, experienced, respectable man who's personality is still lively and morphable to bring the player through the fiction with added excitement.

It's a refreshing change. :)

*cough* Blair in WCIII-IV *cough*

I'd like the fiction about Danials to be expanded somehow, personally, to give him more of a personality.

Yeah, he'll have more of a personality in UE2. In UE1, he was very much limited by the amount of fiction (yeah, there was a lot of it - but a lot of it was spent discussing mission assignments). But, like in WC3/4, a lot always depends on the player. You can see that in this thread ;).

Originally posted by BobMcDob
*cough* Blair in WCIII-IV *cough*

I'd like the fiction about Danials to be expanded somehow, personally, to give him more of a personality.

*Points to the "(Not so true for ALL the wing commanders, but still)" remark.* :)

Originally posted by Raptor leader
Whats your opinion of Lt. Colonel Johann Daniels.
hey Raptor Lead personally i think they could use some work on Daniels but it was good to get back into the seat of a Simitar. and i missed the old Bengal Class Attack Carrier oh and incase u guys didnt know i discovered something hidden in the game in the rec room click on the right window you will be taken back into the old Rec Room of the old Tiger's Claw wich really gives me the itch to load up that old game.

oh and by the way my alias is Christopher "Maverick" Blair ive used it ever since they first came out with WC I.

And one last thing as for my Fav CapShip i have to go with the first WC ship i ever served on which was the TCS Tiger's Claw and if anyone wants to contact me, email me at g_schempp@hotmail.com
bye all

I haven't played Unknown Enemy but I wanna hear your thoughts.

Hello???

hey were is everyone aint anyone gonna respond to my posting here or is this thread dead now???

ya i only wish Blair didnt die this was certainly a sad day for the Confederation and me when i saw that:(

and then after the Midway returned from the Kilrah System they managed a special visit on the Dauntless for Blair and maybe fly a patrol or 2 u know give the hero one last thrill before he dies of old age

so what i think the personality of Daniels should be of Blair's during the Kilrathi war;anytime point is fine with me just as long as its his personality

Originally posted by TheFraix
Has anyone tried to make a physical description of Daniels?
Yup, sure have. There's a rough description in the third and fourth paragraphs of UE's first fiction piece.

Yep... pretty rough.

How long did he fought the Kilrathi?

Apparently the following paragraph said that he was a pilot for more than 10 years, which would put that around 2671 and before...

Not very long. He graduated just before the truce, and consequently was moved into the reserves pretty soon afterwards. He spent a bit of time working on a private freighter, participating in the Battle of Terra in the very limited capacity of cannon fodder. Afterwards, he became a pilot again, serving for the rest of the war and beyond.

Back