whats the diffrence between..

u can prolly expect that playing pc will annoy a helluva lot of ppl coz they have slow computers :D
or too fast and the computer goes i'm sorry u have a too high cd rom, get a slower one!

uhh.. what? im asking is there any diffrence? like movies cut out or something. doesn't the psx version only have like 4 cd's?

Yeah, the psx version has 4 cds. The pc version has 6 cds.
The psx version for starters plays completely different.
In the psx version, ships don't blow up anywhere near as fast if my memory serves me correctly. I can't remember if you still have those missile decoys pods ,but if you do you sure don't need them half as much. Some of the missions are gone & some are altered. The mission where you take pictures of the ground installations comes to mind. Anyone else know some specifics?

starlight hell if you have a few gigs free do a full install of it [put all the tree files of each cd in wc4's folder]. I had a little trouble with the movies occasionally so each disc, I'd get the movie tree & shove it into my wc4 folder. Fully installed you can play wc4 without the cds.That way it doesn't matter what the speed of your cdrom drive is.

[Edited by Dekkar on 01-03-2001 at 12:29]

On the PSX version the Tyr Installations are not ground prisons they are space stations, and in PSX you dont have the choice of Circe or Spearadon, u go right to Spearadon due to Circe being all ground missions. I can't remember if there ore any other big differences but those come to mind

Well all the movies [at least one + the briefings] from Circe are definitely left out. I think there might be more that got cut but I can't really remember, it's been a long time since I've played it on a psx.

Back