What would you do?

I don't like Tolwyn in the HOTT novel. He seemed...well I said this about 150 threads ago, but I noticed with characters like Maniac, Tolwyn, even Blair, the worst is brought out in them in the novels.

yeah, but with Tolwyn being my fav, look at end run and fleet action. That is the Tolwyn that i admire.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
I happen to quite like Paulsen. (The script refers to him as Paulsen). Tolwyn too. No, that doesn't sound right. I like Malcolm McDowell and...ah, trying to remember who played Paulsen. The same actor who played Walmack in The Rock.

You like these Characters Cause of the Actors they played them ?? Strange logic.
Anyway my opinion.In every point of view Paulse/on is nothing more than a puppet of Tolwyn.I hate puppets ,cause they dont act by themselves.He is a pawn.

About Tolwyn...He is a great Commander and Officer.I never liked him,but I admire him.I hated him for his Ideas in Wc4,but I know that he is not a bad man,or evil.His Idead are crazy,but he believed so much to them....he has seen so much in the Kilrathi/Terran conflict that made him coldblooded and a madman

Hmmm...to say that I like the characters probably wouldn't be accurate. Paulson (and John Spencer was the right actor) was someone I could have easily forgotten. Tolwyn, well, there are some instences when I don't like him at all, the same with Maniac. Like how he goes 0 for 4 (maybe more?) on suspecting someone as a traitor. Or how he will jot allow anyone to get in his way. (I have my theories about this, but I think it may be best to abide by the rules and not start another Tolwyn debate). But there are some good things. He has a few good quotes that are so true, especially today. "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." "Let's hope war is not our only option." And I'm liking Tolwyn more than I like Bush, I think. Bush, if I can drift off on this topic for a second, I feel is becoming more and more like Tolwyn.

It's always a bit wierd that people can hate fictional characters the way they dislike real people. Do you guys dislike the triats that some of the WC characters have or you you dislike the actual characters? The characters themselves are great, Tolwyn was a good megalomanic in WC4, and Seether was a good genetically enchanced cocky sonuvabitch.

Now that's quite a valid question. Do I hate the traits or the person themself? Well, let's see. Colson, Minx, Hobbes and Tolwyn were all traitors. I hate Colson above all else, maybe even more than Thrakhath and some real life people. Minx I only read about in the script, but she reminded me of one of those extremists who engage in violent anti war on terror protests, or, for those who would know what I'm talking about, break out people who come to countries illegally from detention centres where they are held to be processed. Hobbes I never really had a problem with. I actually liked him, in a way. And Tolwyn, well, what can I can about Tolwyn? The same actor (I think) from The Full Monty played him in the movie. :p He went two for two in mislabelling traitors, and earned my hatred for him for that. An utter nutter like Malcom McDowell comes in to play him in WC3. (No, Mr McDowell is as far away from isanity as they get, IMO, but he's played a few psychos like Alex in A Clockwork Orange, Sauron in Generations, and, argueably, Tolwyn in TPOF). He's portrayed in the novel as willing to have his own people killed. He comes out with some good lines and hard truths sometimes. And at the very end, he's shown to be too zealous in protecting Confed and keeping his ideal of peace, some would argue similar to Bush. I guess that one's actions are important, but it's their personnality traits I feel that are just as important. Like, Maniac could be an asshole, but he fought for what was right. Cobra was cold blooded who lived to kill Kilrathi. Dekker was a badass who fought to stop a Confed\Boarder World war. I think you get the general idea.

And with hating fictional characters as if they were real life, well, I just wish that this Aeris Damnation was still running. That web site make my feelings towards cunt Colson tame.

Only one comment "Lets hope that war is not our only option"....Well.....Come on he never believed in that!He wanted a War to start !!!!!!

Phillip ?

well, he couldn't just say up front, "hell yes, let's go kick the shit out of those border worlds bastards. oh, by the way, i'm responsible for all the trouble." now could he?

My answer to the original question. well first of all, are all of them in the same time periond. Because if they are in different years then i would find that one difficult. If they were all the same year then i'd try to see if i could strike up a conversation with one of TC's aces, like Maniac, Hunter, Spirit, Paladin, Etc.:D

Now that's quite a valid question. Do I hate the traits or the person themself?........... as if they were real life, well, I just wish that this Aeris Damnation was still running. That web site make my feelings towards cunt Colson tame.
Me thinks you need to take WC less seriously.

Originally posted by Aries
well, he couldn't just say up front, "hell yes, let's go kick the shit out of those border worlds bastards. oh, by the way, i'm responsible for all the trouble." now could he?

I know ,ofcourse.I was just said that for Phillip.I think that he thinks that Tolwyn really didnt want a war to start ;)

I think it would be awsome to have a drink with Hunter, or discuss tactical info with Paladin, or just hang out with any of the pilots.:)

Originally posted by steampunk
Me thinks you need to take WC less seriously.

Heh, less seriously? Just look at some of the web sites for Final Fantasy characters. But yeah, Phillip admits that he does look at things in WC and such the way he does in real life. At least WC can be a hell of a lot better than real life can be.

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
I know ,ofcourse.I was just said that for Phillip.I think that he thinks that Tolwyn really didnt want a war to start

No Tolwyn wanted to wage war on the Boarder Worlds. Does that sound familier to you?

Heh, less seriously? Just look at some of the web sites for Final Fantasy characters.

You're right. Japanese do some crazy things sometimes. More so than most other people. Though I'm sure that some of the insane FF sites were created by non Japanese. At least they have style.

Heh, less seriously? Just look at some of the web sites for Final Fantasy characters. But yeah, Phillip admits that he does look at things in WC and such the way he does in real life. At least WC can be a hell of a lot better than real life can be.

No Tolwyn wanted to wage war on the Boarder Worlds. Does that sound familier to you?

And we have been telling you to stop refering to yourself in the third person, or ELSE!

Yeah, I can hear you shouting at me to stop it. Okay okay, sometimes you are right about something, so I've dropped it.

Anyway, I said this about a week ago, but I wish this anti Aeris (Gainsorough) web site was still up, so you can see just how hated some characters are.

At the risk of opening up a whole new can of worms, I meant in referrence to how Bush wants to wage what seems to some a needless war on Iraq.

It's not needless. The world needs to be shown that destroying two of our largest buildings and killing thousands of our civilians will be met with devastating response, no matter how small their connection to it. Just going down the list of countries that thought that was O.K. Don't have to get them in any particular order, as long as we get them.

Back