What were Confed Battlewagons armed with?

We're all suckers for largescale fleet engagements.

That's why I always liked games like Klingon Academy or Bridge Commander where you can pit large numbers of large ships against one another.

TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance both did large scale engagements well.

Fruitcake said:
Large capshipbattles like the ones in Secret Ops are my favourite. But the WC 3 engine couldn't support 30 fighters and 4 capships pounding at each other at the same time. :(

Neither can your brain.

Large capship battles like the ones in Secret Ops are my favorite. But the WC 3 engine couldn't support 30 fighters and 4 cap ships pounding at each other at the same time.

To be honest I was disappointed with WCP: SO cap ship battles, they were simple and boring. I guess it didn’t help either that I had just finished Freespace2, but my point is cap ships went down way to easy. Pity about the engine limitations, I would have liked if the cap ship killers would have used their main plasma weapons on confed cap ships; it would have made things interesting.

Btw, Dyret you would be suprised how much info human brain can suport.

GreyViper said:
Dyret you would be suprised how much info human brain can suport.

If you looked down at a table with 45 flies crawling around, would you be able to keep track of them all?

Tie Fighter was surelly a great game. You started in the worst flying trap ever and graduated to the biggest fanboy super ship ever.

But it was great. Good balance between scripting and free dogfighting. Lot's of BIG ships.

And Dyret, if you have nothing interesting to say, just say nothing.

Dyret said:
If you looked down at a table with 45 flies crawling around, would you be able to keep track of them all?

I'm not quite sure - but it really doesn't speak much for your intelligence replying to a post like that and in that fashion.

PS: You are a stinky poo head.

Dyret said:
I take it you dont find the human brain interesting. :(

The brain is surelly interesting. But it seems that you aren't. And your posts add nothign to the already messed up thread. At least we got rid of Corsair. As I predicted.

Anyway, IMO, the best capship battles I've seen in a game were those in FS2.

The capship battles of FS2 seem very scripted. At least they did fight "for real" on WC games, especially WC2.

It depends on how you set them up in FRED.

Some of them probably are scripted. Others probably just seemed that way because of the long charging cycle of the beam weapons. There are a couple of different ways to set up a beam firing sequence using the editor.

FS2 battles are quite boring actually, after you got over TEH BEAMZoRS!!!111!1oneone.
Due to the low speeds of the capships. they just sit there, slashing each other with the beams. sure the beams look pretty for a few minutes, but other than that, they are the most static battles I've seen in a while in a game.

*sighs* Never mind...

Loaf, do we have any information on the frigates from Action Stations?

Were they Caernavens, the source of the Masada on Fleet Tactics, or something else entirely?

Fleet Tactic's "Masada-class" is made up (though named after a frigate from Action Stations) - the image is, through some leap of logic that I don't personally understand, SWC's Exeter-class model.

I don't think there's any details about what class(es) the AS frigates were, though.

What bugs me is that in some WC games the capships are "fake"... they pretend to shoot each other until one of them is scripted to die.

In WC3 and 4 that is not the case, but unfortunately, there are very few ocasions when they happen. Maybe they didn't put in many cpa ship battles as to make the player seem more important, i don't know. But they were cool.

Fleet actions just don't seem to happen whenever we are around...and in WC3 we are part of a small battlegroup that really never links up with any fleet units for a long period of time. Victory IIRC didn't participate in the battle of hyperion after we launched for the t-bomb strike.

Back