What was your first Wing Commander experience?

What was your first experience with Wing Commander?

• WC1 (PC)

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • WC1 (SNES)

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • WC2

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Privateer

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Armada

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Academy

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • WC3

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Kilrathi Saga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WCIV

• WCP and/or WCSO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I played WC2 as part of an EA game collection which also had the classic "Seal Team" I was hooked from the first cutscene.

The movie... hehe... latter I found wcp on a store and I didn't have to think twice... I bought it just because I liked the movie

Latter I ended up getting Starlacer because I loved wc...

Never regretted anything... the best games I ever got my hands on

Yes my cousin turned me on to Wing commander 3, knowing of my love of star wars "Hey isn't that the guy from..."
My only regret... i knew the fate of the concordia before I ever flew off her.

wc2... long time ago, it seems... My dad used to play it, i really loved it so i had to try it. I think after that i have made a really big break, since i couldn't find wc III and IV in my country. So the next part i played was prophecy. And it blew mu mind when i saw the movie intro with all the sound and everything... Those were the days :)

WC on the pc in '92. Just finished replaying it (and SM/SM2) a couple of weeks ago and am currently just finishing a replay of WC2.

WC on the pc in '92. Just finished replaying it (and SM/SM2) a couple of weeks ago and am currently just finishing a replay of WC2.
Hey, you're ahead of me! ;) I finished replaying WC1 two days ago, but didn't start SM yet. I also began to replay WC2 some time ago, but I can't even remember where I stopped playing. :eek: (I think somewhere in Novaya Kiev...)

I've always thought that WC was the better game. WC2 seems entirely too story driven (i.e., wingmen constantly lose their ships, but never die.....unless the story calls for it) and there's no real incentive to rack up kills, as medals and ranks were eliminated. In WC there's a fairly complex medal/rank point system and point system for winning mission series. Nothing like this exists in WC2 where passing a series usually only requires killing one specific ship in one mission of the series. Many series have no win condition at all; no matter what you do, you move on to the next series (to be honest, this is also true to a degree in WC).

I first played WC1 on the SNES when I was nine years old (late 1995/early 1996) and it was a religious experience. I don't think I'll ever forget it, had such an immense influence on my youth and all.

I ended up finally getting to play WC3 and WC4 in 1997 on the Playstation. Wasn't able to play WC2 until '99 but it was fantastic nonetheless. I now proudly own the entire series.

Back