What was that thing?!

FrostyNSO

Spaceman
At the end of Privateer 2, you step on Vel's little umbilicle cord stomach thingy to kill him. What the hell was that thing?

From the pulsating I'd say his heart. Or the replacement for his heart. Or how his heart looked after whatever....

Strange, I always wondered what the heck that was too. But I'd forgotten about the whole thing till now. Maybe it was a tube feed or something.

It's a "sack of anti-aging drugs" which has had a reverse effect on him -- made him much older and much crazier.

You know what would be a really cool item to have? Is that cool PAD System thing that Lev wears on him. That was the coolest thing ever. I liked the sound it made and how it all lit up when he was credited. Is there a soundbyte of that thing anywhere around here?

Shipgate said:
You know what would be a really cool item to have? Is that cool PAD System thing that Lev wears on him. That was the coolest thing ever. I liked the sound it made and how it all lit up when he was credited. Is there a soundbyte of that thing anywhere around here?

Heh, its acually funny that you brought that up. I can't remember what it said in the Priv 2 manual, but it mentioned the storage space for the PAD divice somewhere in it. When I first read through the manual when I got the game I was like "Damn...I need one of those!".
I use to have a bunch of sound bites from Priv 2 and other WC games saved somewhere that included the "Priv2 PAD/WC movie sound." (BTW, how many ppl noticed that when they saw the movie for the very first time?). Anyways, I'll look around for it. If I remember correctly, you might be able to find it if you snoop around on the cds.

I allways thought that the pod thing was just some mutation growth that grew on him. But that's just me.

overmortal said:
I think I learned to hate most sounds from Priv2. Especially the e-mail sound. Ugh!

Yeah the e-mail sound was kinda annoying in the game. If it just had the voice saying "Incoming email" it would be fine but that damn ringing is crazy.

IPhoenixI said:
Yeah the e-mail sound was kinda annoying in the game. If it just had the voice saying "Incoming email" it would be fine but that damn ringing is crazy.

or maybe the AOL thing that says "Youve got Mail!"

Or perhaps, and maybe I am just a little crazy here. Has anyone got the BA style from the A tem "Mail MotherF**ker from Euro trip?

Now that was cool

I remember reading somewhere, might of been the strat guide, that the sack was indeed a feeder system for a bunch of anti-aging drugs, as LOAF said, and that when Lev crushed it he basically cut off the only thing keeping Vel alive.

Shaggy said:
I remember reading somewhere, might of been the strat guide, that the sack was indeed a feeder system for a bunch of anti-aging drugs, as LOAF said, and that when Lev crushed it he basically cut off the only thing keeping Vel alive.

Then why the hell was he dragiging it on the ground? If I were him (thank god im not) I'd tuck it away somewhere safe, like in my jacket :D

Back