What Stupid Thing Did LOAF Buy on eBay Today?

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
This!

WC1SNESTradeShow.jpg

(Actually I bought it a few days ago, but it arrived--in a surprisingly huge box full of packing foam--yesterday.)

A flyer from a trade show advertising Wing Commander I SNES. Check out the box--it's the original WC1 cover cut up to fit in an SNES template instead of what we eventually got.

Now, burying the lead... WCNews.com is looking for a few good men who might be interested in another archiving project (in Austin) this summer. Anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
heh, I think I may have been watching that very item - but common sense told me that my bank balance should be spent more wisely! (oh for disposable income!)

Heh, I think I was watching it for several months before I finally bought it. I'm not sure why.

I got that Hungarian WC movie press release that's been up there forever, too.

Collecting!

WCNews.com is looking for a few good men who might be interested in another archiving project (in Austin) this summer. Anyone interested?
I'm not downplaying the team's effort in doing this last time by any means... but given that you weren't allowed to publish most of the material from that trip, what purpose does this serve (other than helping to preserve WC, which, I admit, is a noble task indeed)?

And what stupid thing did LOAF buy on eBay *today*?

The Hungarian Wing Commander movie booklet arrived!

wcmhungarian.jpg

And what stupid thing did LOAF buy on eBay *today*?

The Hungarian Wing Commander movie booklet arrived!

THe logo on the lower left of that hungarian poster is for a company called intercom... I guess they handled the release in Hungary. I did find their website http://www.intercom.hu/ but I have no idea how to figure out if they ever actually did a Hungarian DVD release. While looking for this kind of stuff I came across something else interesting on a Hungarian website:... An image of the DVD/Poster art without any logos or writing over top of it:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 109151_galeria_wing_commander_az_urkommando_01.jpg
    109151_galeria_wing_commander_az_urkommando_01.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 675
  • 51H6R13XS4L__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51H6R13XS4L__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 714
Another trip, I seriously had to reread that line, you said that so nonchalantly.

I admit, I'm curious about this trip, but I can't wait on the details. Best of luck to you guys.

Hmmm. Is the need for volunteers to help with archiving related to Wing Commander on the Nintendo? Perhaps you're just killing two subjects with one thread, or am I too early to speculate that LOAF is hoping to find his way to SNES WC2...?

Here's what arrived today: a cherry copy of the Macintosh port of Super Wing Commander! I actually gave away my only English copy of this years ago (I have a Japanese one) so it's great to have it again! For whatever reason it doesn't show up at auction very often in good shape.

What's in the box?

- Claw Marks Manual
- Play Guide
- Install Guide
- Additional Information
- CD-ROM in jewel case (w/ backing insert)
- Registration Card
- Inside Mac Games Subscription Card

I was in 8th grade when Super Wing Commander came out and remember a kid in my morning French class brought Claw Marks to show me. I begged him to borrow it for the day and spent the rest of my classes quietly copying all the additions into a notebook.

https://cdn.wcnews.com/newestshots/full/swcveryrough.JPG

Hmmm. Is the need for volunteers to help with archiving related to Wing Commander on the Nintendo? Perhaps you're just killing two subjects with one thread, or am I too early to speculate that LOAF is hoping to find his way to SNES WC2...?

No sign of a WC2 SNES yet:/

One thing we will be doing is photographing material donated to the University of Texas by some major Origin players--Richard Garriott, Warren Spector, etc.

Awesome! Loved hearing about the EA trip so hopefully you find some great stuff at the Uni too :D

You said you weren't allowed to publish some things you uncovered at EA... anything we would love to see?!?!

We're working through it on a case by case basis at this point--the climate has changed in the last few months and there has been a lot more support for us.

The only things we've been asked not to publish that would really interest Wing Commander fans at this point have been specific budgets for the FMV games.

Understandable about the budget thing. Still it would be interesting to see how much was spent in certain areas like the sets (real and virtual) and game graphics. I imagine the primary reason they don't want those released is privacy over the payroll-related stuff.

Awesome about that photographic expedition to that University. Hope you find some really neat stuff.

What stupid thing did LOAF buy today?

A sealed Mac WC3!

Mama's, watch your Mac WC4s... tomorrow is payday!

Back