What produces the best graphics: WC4 from CD (with upgrade patch) or WC4 from doublesided DVD?

yoyoyojo

Rear Admiral
I noticed there was a WC4 upgrade patch available for download. From the description it seems to be saying that you can upgrade the CD version of the game to have the FMV look as good as the 2 sided DVD version of the game.

I recently came across the 2-sided DVD (thanks to a friend cleaning out his closet) and was able to get it working for the most part but I have two issues: aspect ratio is wrong (stretches horizontially) and some screens (like email) use the wrong pallete making it hard to read.

Not sure if that is fixable. I also have my original copy of WC4 on CD. I assume with DOSBox I get it working properly. However I am uncertain if in fact the upgrade patch does what I think ti does.

What do you guys think? Which path gets methe best results?

They should be the same--the upgrade patch basically turns the CD version into the DVD version.

Uh, but if you're willing to wait a month or so and spend $5.99 then there may just be a better option available, WINK WINK WINK.

Back