What mode did you fly in?

I liked default (i.e. turning without rolling) better, even though XWing/TieFighter games did use the roll thing. I mean, space planes need no rolling, there's no air.

Brave transport! :)

And, what I didn't think off: when you're more or less certain to lose the battle then it's probably better when your transporter is destroyed during the course of the battle, lest that the enemy captures it at the end.

Though it would suck if you fought with 12 heavies and 1 transport against 1 light fighter, only to have your transport be destroyed in round 1.

Only problem is lately is that it's really difficult to fly just using the keyboard. Even in a heavier fighter it takes me like 5+ minutes just to get a kill because of the funky Armada AI. So when there is 10 fighters to kill I'm looking at an hour for one battle.

Wing Commander Computer's new power supply has been delayed by a week, no Armada for me until next weekend. C'est la vie.

The Wraith and the Shok'lar are the real winners in Armada - they both have effective tactics that can almost always guarantee a victory in fought-combat. The Wraith is easy, fire your leech and then gun the guy down quick... the Shok'lar can use its cloaking device effectively (and highly frustratingly), but it takes some practice to get it right.

Even if you never cloak, the Shok'lar is a nice ship. Good gun spread and a ton of missiles for such a cheap craft.

Agreed: I found long range and fast firing guns to be the best in Armada and the Shok'lar has exactly those. Though I remember having problems to lock on with HS missiles against the AI.

Back