What missiles do you prefer?

What missiles do you prefer?

• Dumbfires. Nice and straightforward, and unspoofable to boot!

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • ImRecs. Fast locking and easy to use.

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Heatseekers. Shove one up a Kilrathi's tailpipe and BOOM! Turn 'em into kitty litter!

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Friend or Foe. Fire and Forget.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Leeches. Stop any enemy fighter in one hit!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mnies. Dump 'em in an enemy's face.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Torpedos. Bombs away!

• Mace. Blow up everything in sight!

• MIRV or other multi-missiles. Death from all directions!

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Missiles are for wimps--I don't need 'em!

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I, like - I think - most here, prefer the IR as a general missile.Of course, for taking out cap ships, a torp is mucn more useful. Leech missiles can be fun and RPs or DFs too. Swarmers are big fun.

I'd tend to agree, ImRecs are the best, unless I'm against capships-then I think I might need a torp or two. :)

And here's the official pre-emtory "Why isn't {insert missile here} on that list?! It's my favorite!"

Favorite potential variables: Null-G Bomblets and 'Vampire Missiles'.

Altough the ImRec is the best in all the WC games, the Swarmer missiles AKA Robotech missiles are very cool.

Vampires missiles? :(

Technicality

FF missiles aren´t just "fire and forget", they´re more like "forget and fire".

IR and HS missiles are also "fire and forget"-type.

The poll should have a separate option for the Swarmer. That was the coolest in all WC games.

Originally posted by Ghost
Altough the ImRec is the best in all the WC games, the Swarmer missiles AKA Robotech missiles are very cool.

Vampires missiles? :(

They're like Leeches... sort of.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

Favorite potential variables: Null-G Bomblets and 'Vampire Missiles'.

I don't think bomblets get to count as missiles... of course, mines aren't missiles either, and they're up there...

Re: Technicality

Originally posted by Starkey

The poll should have a separate option for the Swarmer. That was the coolest in all WC games.

Sorry. I was only allowed to put in ten options, so I decided to use only one option to cover both types of multi-missiles (MIRV and Swarmer).

My personal favorite is the Leech, which I wish had been kept in WCP/SO. Even though they take a while to lock, a single Leech missile will be enough to take out any fighter or bomber craft, while the explosive-based missiles will need two or even three to destroy heavier targets.

Wildweasel. Doesnt use missiles. Wildweasel. Primarily missile toting aircraft.:confused:

IR are the best multi use missile, but I'd take an FOF if I was going against cloaking craft. That is afterall how I nailed Seether.

Originally posted by Meson
I'm a gun man. I only use missles when they are needed.

I always use all my missiles during the first couple of battles anyway and then get to use guns to finish the missions. It always bugs me to have weapons that I'm not using so I pop missiles first.

Back