What is the best ship in P2

Supdon3

Kal-El
Now that I have a few kills under my belt the missions are getting longer and the pirates nastier. My little Straith aint cutting it. What should I look to buy?

My P2 route to success is as follows:

Straith - Shaman (or whatever the 17000$ one is called) - Drakkar - Freij - Freij mk2

You might want to add a Duress or a Heretic in there, but I prefer to save money and skip straight to the best buys :)

--Eder

What is P2 ?
If you mean Privateer, I would recommend to buy a Centurion with all Upgrades, Scanners, Shields, etc.
With that ship you are almost invulnerable and can easily manouver out every enemy....
very practical that in Privateer you can use the afterburner almost all the time (no fuel, only energy)

Mmmhh... you need a guide on WC abreviations we use around here... :)

Priv = Privateer
P2 = Privateer 2 The Darkening
KS = Kilrathi Saga
WC1, 2, 3... = Wing Commander 1, 2, 3...
SM1, 2 = Secret Missions 1,2 (from WC1)
SO1, 2 = Special Operations 1, 2 (from WC2)
Secret Ops = Secret Operations (from Prophecy)

and also, from the novels:

FF = Freedom Flight
ER = End Run
FA = Fleet Action
HoT = Heart of the Tiger
PoF = Price of Freedom
FC = False Colors
AS = Action Stations

Not as obvious as it seems apparently... :)

Hmm, I only know WC2, Privateer, Prophecy, not more

Aah, yes, and I playd a demo of P2, just some time ago. But at that time I didn't already have a Speeddecreaser for my CPU (366MHZ) and it was just a 1 minute thing to play the demo to the end. (It's really hard and kind of fun, trying to hit something at about ten times the normal gamespeed :p )

IIRC, the mk2 it's not available at the beginning of the game, it is "invented" later on, like some of the weapons.
But you're right, if by the time you gather 180000$ the Freij 2 is already available, then gather 20000$ more and skip the Freij 1.

--Eder

On this note, does anyone know where I can buy an intact version of Privateer 2?

Originally posted by Eder
My P2 route to success is as follows:

Straith - Shaman (or whatever the 17000$ one is called) - Drakkar - Freij - Freij mk2

You might want to add a Duress or a Heretic in there, but I prefer to save money and skip straight to the best buys :)

--Eder

I will sometimes add the Aurora in there after the Shaman. Although its shields are actually slightly worse than the Shaman, it has better manouvreability and (my main reason) the gun-mounts are much closer together. Often I won't bother, it all depends how sick I get of only being able to hit with one Shaman gun at a time.

Oh yeah, and hire a cargo ship, even if just for their turrets. You can usually find a cargo that will at least pay for the hire cost of the ship, so basically you get a couple of extra turrets plus whatever profit you can skim off the top. The real profit comes from the merc missions, but the turrets come in useful until you have a decent ship like a Drakkar upwards. I find an Ilia (Mk 1) is best, since it has two turrets, but an Ogan is also useful if you can't afford the Ilia.

Thanks guys, I need all the help I can get. I cant seem to choose a mission and not die lately. Its a real blow to my ego since I never had this problem before.

The best ship is the FreijMk2. Until I got that baby I flew a Duress, a Drakkar and a Heretic. Since you can sell your stuff ans ship for the same price you bought it, feel free to experiment.

Huh? Mind giving the link for it, LOAF?

BTW, I've been looking around in the CZ FAQ, and I noticed there's a lot of stuff who hasn't been implemented yet (or will not be implemented), such as private messaging, buddies list etc...

I was just wondering if any of that stuff will ever see the day...

Well then I suggest you remove its explanation from the FAQ, 'cause as you see it can give rise to confusion...

Ain't bothering anyone... just suggesting a few things... :)
And certainly ain't forcing anyone to follow my advice...

Back