What is that thing called? (Computer Hardware Question)

Mav23

Swabbie
Banned
I just got a new DVD Rom drive and installed it in my computer. However I had to remove the little side clicky things that keep it locked in the computer from my old CD Rom drive to get it to stay. Anyone know what those little clicky things are called? I would like to purchase another pair so I can put my CD Rom drive back in.

I believe they're called drive rails. Computer cases that require them usually come with an ample supply, so make sure you don't still have a pair somewhere.

KrisV said:
I believe they're called drive rails. Computer cases that require them usually come with an ample supply, so make sure you don't still have a pair somewhere.
Drive rails sound right I think that's what my dad called them....

KrisV said:

Thanks Kris. Unfortunately my computer was a hand me down from a friend. I'll have to go raid his closet to see if I can find some more "Drive Rails". Or I suppose I could ask him nicely. Thanks again.

Back